What do you think about Pilkigton Competition

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

new2this

What do you think about Pilkigton Competition

Post by new2this »

What do you think about pilkington competition, and their gunsmith
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

Great company, did a great job on our air cylinder. Definitely an asset to the shooting sports.
Jack Milchanowski

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

I am extremely happy that they are in the business of helping our sport.

Come see us in the woods.
Jack
Rover

Post by Rover »

Buck fixed everything I sent him.

No problems.
new2this

Post by new2this »

Buck is the gunsmith right?
Rover

Post by Rover »

zoned

Re: What do you think about Pilkigton Competition

Post by zoned »

new2this wrote:What do you think about pilkington competition...
Will I get a check if I say something nice?
cr10Xguest

Post by cr10Xguest »

new2this?

read the top of the forum page. yep, we like them a lot
Misny

Post by Misny »

Pilkington's have always "bent over backwards" to please me. They tracked down a very elusive problem with my Morini air pistol and fixed it. I've recommended their services and the feedback I've received from those referrals have all been positive.

The information that they have posted on their website has been invaluable to me, as well as, the information and help I've received from TargetTalk.

Post by Guest »

I wish that Pilkington could wrestle Pardini and Benelli away from Larry's. We might actually get some service then.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

I dunno I saw quite a butcher job on my friend's Pardini cylinder at Camp Perry last year. Looked as if someone took a Stilson or Pliers to it---that's just awful---totally destroyed the cylinder. I would certainly hope that was not typical of "gunsmith"services from Mr. P. "Doc"
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

For Bob, Does your friend own a cresent wrench or waterpump plyers? I only ask because I've messed up a few guns in desperation when things went wrong during a competition, and it seemed easier to blame the gunsmith than assuming blame myself. I regret the nefarious act now. My personal dealings with our host have always been above board and in some cases, in favor of me to the disadvantage of our host. I have had no experience with Larry so cannot comment on his work but his prices seem reasonable. All good gunsmiths seem to be always behind on their work and that is something we just have to tolerate. Best advice is dont pay up front. Good Shooting Bill Horton
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

Anonymous wrote:I wish that Pilkington could wrestle Pardini and Benelli away from Larry's. We might actually get some service then.
Second on that.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

2650Plus---no he wouldn't as a competent machinist and Master shooter--it happened at Perry. He had brought it to the Nats deliberately to let the afformentioned individual repair it. "Doc"
Bruce Martindale

Post by Bruce Martindale »

I have had nothing but good results with Scott, Warren, when he was there, and Wanda. This is from first hand work with them and the mutual trust developed.

I would call for things and they were shipped, the bill was settled later.

Absolutely top notch.

Scott also rebuilt my LP1 while I was at the Nationals and had it ready in time.

Bought two FP's, a std pistol, and at least 3 AP's. Super service on trades and fitting me to new equipment.

For a while he was THE place for used equipment in new condition. Maybe he had someone who thought they could buy results and flipped thru new equipment?

best regards
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Pilk is the best I have ever dealt with, hands down. Friendly, helpful, great employees, flawless work, always willing to help anyone even when things are hectic. His is a business model to be envied and emulated.

Not to mention a great bulletin board host.