FWB 150

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tinman

FWB 150

Post by tinman »

So.. after the Annie 250 experience I looked around and picked up a very fine Steyr LG-1/10 for shooting. From the same fella I purchased a FWB 150. The action is really clean but the stock is fractured over the grip. Looks like it was dropped during shipping. No worries though.. I can fix/repair the wood. Question though is how to strip this? From what I have seen the 150 shares the same basic design as the 300. Do any of you fine folks have a detailed method ( I.E. manuals, word or experience that I can follow step by step?) that would help me to inspect and replace seals. I found this place...

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/cat ... 759574.htm

This is the seal and spring kit... there is also available a seal kit only.. I dont want to hot rod this but I do wish to upgrade the seals.

I found a pictorial guide on Pilkguns. Some in english with sorta vague photo documentary and anouther in german. I am looking for a detailed account of how to strip, clean and repair for duty...

Any help welcome!

Thank you for your time,

Tin
Tony C.

Post by Tony C. »

Try American Vintage Airguns Forum, many knowledgeable airgun collector exchange idesa there, here is the link:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/
tinman

Post by tinman »

Finished!

Thanks Tony for the link to AVA forum.. I did the 'tune' myself. New seals although Maccari lo longer carries the replacement spring. I did check other places that have springs. However the new unit comes only with a tune job....

The 150 was shot very little from what I could tell. The OEM spring looked to be in good shape. The ends however were roughly ground and not square to the spring body. This made for lots of twang. So, I dressed the ends and re-installed. Wonderful!! Now there is just a very slight buzz.

The butt plate was severly damaged. It looks to have been set on something very hot. It was literally fried. I made a new plate of maple.

Harold M

Sudden problem - low velocity

Post by Harold M »

I need to fix my 150. I have already replaced the plastic conical seal. Can it be disassembled without special tools? Spring compression problems? Are there more seals needing replacement?

Any help appreciated!

Harold M