Scaled down 50m ISSF Targets

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Scaled down 50m ISSF Targets

Post by Guest »

I have been asked by my coach to work on my NPA by lying down in position at home, aiming at a scaled down target and then observing how my aim moves over time, the theory is that the more I do it, the less I should move.

I have noticed online that there are scaled down AP targets to 5m, I just want a scaled down aiming circle from 50m to 5m and also what is the appropriate height it should be at,

Is anyone able to help me
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Download the latest Scatt software. It will let you print scaled down blacks.

The easiest way to determine the correct target height is to get someone to measure the height of your front sight from the firing point when aiming on a normal 50m range. Then set the reduced target height in the appropriate place to give the same front sight height when on aim.
GTFS

Target Height

Post by GTFS »

I asked Jouni Hänninen from Noptel the same thing and he said that about 350 mm from the ground to the center of the bull is more or less right for shooting a 5 meters. This is the height I use with my noptel and it works great for me. The issf rule for 50 meter target height is 750mm +/- 500 mm yes that right 750 mm from the ground to center of target bull +/- 500 mm. that's any where between 250mm & 1250 mm. So you could put the target where ever you like, but most of the ranges I shoot on have the bull at 750 mm. When I switch between Noptel and my club range which is 20 meters indoor and 50 meters outdoors I dont notice any differnce in height between them.

I am thinking 10 what are you thinking?
Glen Turner.
GTFS

PS

Post by GTFS »

I forgot to say the noptel 5 m target size is 15mm Dia

I am thinking 10 what are you thinking?

Glen Turner.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your help, I'm going to measure the height of the targets i use most of the time at the range and compare that with the 350mm - and use the scatt program for the targets
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:I'm going to measure the height of the targets i use most of the time at the range and compare that with the 350mm
It's not the height of the 50m targets you need to measure, it's the height of the front sight (or the barrel) when shooting at them. You then need to set the height of the 5m targets so that your front sight / barrel height is the same as at 50m.

(This will allow you to replicate your 50m shooting; whether or not your 50m targets are at ISSF height is another matter)