fwb model 80 CAME TODAY

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
robinhoods

fwb model 80 CAME TODAY

Post by robinhoods »

I traded my pardini K58 for a mint FWB model 80.
He got a much better deal.
He got the gun and case with extra sights manual and original warrarty card.
Win some lose some.
First I think the Pardini is much better looking in person.
More modern looking and very accurate and the Velocity spread is very tight by that I mean not more than a few FPS. The Model 80 is very nice looking also but what I like about it is the feel and the history of it that goes along with my FWB 300S. They were great in their day and still can shoot better than I can manage.
I hope I am ready when a FWB 103 pops up.
David[/list]
Attachments
P1010056.jpg
P1010057.jpg
kevinweiho

Re: Good gun...

Post by kevinweiho »

Congrats on getting the FWB 80.

I also own the 80 and it is an excellent pistol.

The only shortcomings that i know of this pistol is the upper front muzzle heaviness and that the white piston and bumper seals are made of a cheap synthetic that softens and cracks over time even without use!

However, the blue breech seal is very durable and will last you many years.

If you're interested, let me know, I have the the exploded diagrams for the 80 and 103 also the P34.

Kevho

Airgun aficionado from Costa Rica, C.A.
kevinweiho@yahoo.es
robinhoods

Re: Good gun...

Post by robinhoods »

[quote=thanks for the info.
What is the first sign that I need a seal?
Also I was thinking of a co2-any recommendations.
AN fwb 103 does not come by everyday so I thought I might try a co2 pistol.
I sort of like the tau7 but some one steered me away from it.
David

"kevinweiho"]Congrats on getting the FWB 80.

I also own the 80 and it is an excellent pistol.

The only shortcomings that i know of this pistol is the upper front muzzle heaviness and that the white piston and bumper seals are made of a cheap synthetic that softens and cracks over time even without use!

However, the blue breech seal is very durable and will last you many years.

If you're interested, let me know, I have the the exploded diagrams for the 80 and 103 also the P34.

Kevho

kevinweiho@yahoo.es[/quote]
kevinweiho

When to change seals...

Post by kevinweiho »

Dave,

When you cock your FWB 80, the breech will open and you can easily see the piston going back and at the same time you can observe the piston
seal's condition. If there is a deep indentation that is not normal on the seal, you have to change it. (I usually take a toothpick and slighty poke the seal to see if its hard or mushy). The bumper seal is easier to diagnose.

I also see that you have the Izzy, good combination.

When you do get the 103, it will be like putting the iceing on the cake!

Kevho
Airgun aficionado from Costa Rica, C.A.[/quote]
kevinweiho

As for the CO2...

Post by kevinweiho »

I would not recommend any pistols using CO2 as we are already
having big problems with the green house effect.

All of my guns are 'green guns'.

Kevho

peterz

What CO2 Pistol?

Post by peterz »

I wouldn't worry too much about CO2 pistols and the greenhouse effect. The quantity involved is pretty small.

I own an FWB C-20 and still love it. I gather that the C-1 and C-2 are a bit less sophisticated, so I might look elsewhere. The C-25 is an odd looking duck with its hanging tank instead of a cylinder parallel to the barrel. If you look at an old catalog showing both, you'll see that the main parts of the gun seem to be the same except for the tank and the small weight rail attached to it. The C-20 came with a couple of small screw-in weights that mounted to the front end of the tank.

Mine has never been serviced, but has been used on and off since 1993 or '94. Maybe 15K pellets through it. You'll like it. But be sure to get the CO2 adapters to mate it to a US tank.

I just picked up an Izzy for those damned days when I run out of CO2 in the big tank on a Friday evening and all the gas stores in the area are closed until Monday, or Tuesday if the worst happened and it was a 3-day weekend. I'll see how I like the Izzy. It managed to blow the breech seal on my fifth shot, and the manual doesn't tell you how to replace it. I did get it fixed, but if anybody knows how to glue the seal in place, please let me know!.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Did you know that much of the CO2 that is sold is recycled from the fermentation process at breweries?

We're getting more use out of what would normally be vented to the atmosphere.

Of course, if you don't drink beer then you're doing your bit to reduce CO2, uncultured as you may be.

Re: As for the CO2...

Post by Guest »

kevinweiho wrote:I would not recommend any pistols using CO2 as we are already having big problems with the green house effect...
Considering the output from a gas pistol, it has about as much negative effect as a fart in a wind storm. If you want to save the planet, concentrate on the population count. The human race cannot breed like rabbits and then expect not to consume the environment.

Post by Guest »

Ha Ha - good one.

I would much prefer the K58. I suppose the FWB 80 has novelty value. The better the quality of match pistol the more enjoyment over the performance I say.

LP10 shooter (former IZH-46 shooter )
robinhoods

when to change seals.

Post by robinhoods »

OK-I cocked the pistol and looked in and it was not pretty.
Kind of ragged hole and I took a pointed kaboob stick and poked it and it was very soft.
So looks like I should change them.
david
Thanks for the tip
kevinweiho

C02 effects...

Post by kevinweiho »

Well, a fart in a windstorm is not exactly correct.

Multiply the millions of CO2 guns in the world x the amount of gases released. It all ads up to millions of tons of metric CO2!!!

Like they say: "Doing something is better than doing nothing, no matter
how small it is". That is the key in saving our planet.

Well, others prefer to maintain their beer bellies, (no offense intended)

Kevho

Re: C02 effects...

Post by Guest »

kevinweiho wrote:...Multiply the millions of CO2 guns in the world x the amount of gases released. It all ads up to millions of tons of metric CO2!!!....
Really, millions of tons, eh?? If you really cared, you would stop exhaling.
peterz

Post by peterz »

millions and millions?

A typical gunner might go through 1 cartridge a day, 360 grams/month. Suppose there are 10 million shooters that active using CO2 (not spring, not PCP, not SSP). Then there are 10**7 * 3.6 *10**2 *12 (months of the year).

Simplify and approximate: 10**7 * 4*10**2 *10. 4*10**10 grams per 10 million shooters. One ton (metric) is 10**6 grams, so all the shooters in the world disperse about 4x10**4 (or 4x10^4) tons, about 40,000 tons. There are more shooters, but they don't go through powerlets at anything like this rate. We neglect them, or we can multiply our answer by 120% to estimate the contribution, but I wouldn't bother.

40,000 metric tons of CO2, most of it recycled from beer and wine fermentation anyway, so just moved around, is nothing! The sport is plenty green.

-pz
zollman

Post by zollman »

Let's see.....

One ton of CO2 should equal about 5,400,000 shots. That means all 1 million co2 guns could take 5 shots before we expel a ton. Another way to see it is roughly 77,000 60 shot matches with 10 sighters would have to be fired. If events had an average of 20 entrants, then 3850 events would have to held to release a ton of CO2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for destroying the future world for my 5 year old. My solution is to plant trees. Trees love CO2. I also ride a motorcycle whenever possible (It even has a catalytic converter- Thanks BMW!) There are far greater greenhouse gas sources than pellet gun shooters, including agriculture and many industries.

zollman
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

I would never have expected to find shooters that appear to have fallen for algores global warming scam amoung the contributers to TargetTalk.Such a waste of hot air!!! good Shooting Bill Horton
j-team

Re: As for the CO2...

Post by j-team »

Anonymous wrote:If you want to save the planet, concentrate on the population count. The human race cannot breed like rabbits and then expect not to consume the environment.
You're on to it.

Instead of an emissions trading scheme, the UN should be pushing a birthrate trading scheme. Countries with out of control birthrates should be taxed and the money given to countries with theor birthrates under control.

It's a shame that the UN is such a toothless organisation, if they had any balls they would forget "climate change" (which the planet has always had) and concentrate their efforts on halving the population!

Sorry, off topic. Nice FWB 80, still prefer the Pardini K58.

Re: Post Subject

Post by Guest »

2650 Plus wrote:I would never have expected to find shooters that appear to have fallen for algores global warming scam amoung the contributers to TargetTalk.Such a waste of hot air!!! good Shooting Bill Horton
Oh, Bill, I am so disappointed in your behavior. Hopefully, you will live long enough to see your errors.
kevinweiho

CO2 last remarks...

Post by kevinweiho »

Looks like i just stirred up a bee's hive...

Sorry, Dave for going off the topic.

Kevho
Tolkach

Re: What CO2 Pistol?

Post by Tolkach »

peterz wrote: I'll see how I like the Izzy. It managed to blow the breech seal on my fifth shot, and the manual doesn't tell you how to replace it. I did get it fixed, but if anybody knows how to glue the seal in place, please let me know!.
I wouldn't glue it. I have an Izzy and the seals are inexpensive enough. You just need to make sure you put them in the right way or they will keep popping out.
Rover

Post by Rover »

It really does not matter how much CO2 we shooters use.

It all comes from somewhere else. We are not MAKING it, just recycling.

BTW It's nice that you have some toys...when are you going to start playing with them?