rifle sans acutriments?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

vin

rifle sans acutriments?

Post by vin »

Hi,
Is there a air rifle competition that does not allow gloves, jacket, etc.?
Thanks,
Vin
Oz

Post by Oz »

I believe Air Rifle in NRA matches are a bit more restrictive... it's not my discipline and just something I recall overhearing.

Oz
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

sporter competitions... those are usually reserved for juniors though
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

The 39 Air Rifle matches fired under the National Council rules make allowance for collegiates and adults. Sporter class limits one to glove, sling, and normal street clothes.

Find a match being held in your area, and contact the match director to see if they will include an "open" category. We tried it and had three collegians one year, and a father who wanted to shoot with his daughter (but couldn't kame it at the last minute).
vin

ok!

Post by vin »

Thanks for the hep.
I'm going to forget that idea...

Is there any popular rifle competition that is closer to street clothes?

Thanks,
Vin
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

That would be sporter air rifle. Take a look at the rules to see if that's what you're looking for. In short, you can only wear 2 sweat shirts, you still get a glove, a sling, a mat. But no jacket, pants, expensive rifles...

Post by Guest »

There is also NRA Light Rifle for .22s. Check with the NRA Competitions website.
That said, there's nothing to stop you from competing in a regular air rifle match in just street clothes, if that's what you're comfortable with.