What are these Rink grips worth?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

What are these Rink grips worth?

Post by Guest »

What are these Rink grips worth and is there even a demand for them? They came with the CPM-1 I got at Roanoke last year. They are in excelent shape, right handed and large. The gun also came with the original Walther grips and I like them better because they seem smaller. Is there even a market for these grips. If so what should I ask if I decide to sell them?

Image[/img]
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Since no one else has offered an opinion, I'll give 'er a whack;

Considering the size and the platform, I would estimate somewhere between $50 and $100, and probably closer to the lower end of that range right now. Just a crazy, ill-informed guess on my part.

toznerd
Misny

Post by Misny »

These grips cost around $232 new. I would guess that in good shape, that they would retain around 75% of their new value to someone who needs them. If I needed a pair, I would be willing to pay $175 or so for them, depending on condition.
Oz

Post by Oz »

Rink has a sizing system that would let you re-market them much more effectively.

Size, side, palm, angle and volume. Put values against those areas and you could save someone a few bucks and you might make more than you expected.

I have have a Rink grip for my LP10. We started with the one we believed closest fit, then puttied it up and he laser scanned and then custom cut a new one. I couldn't ask for a better fitting grip. There are a lot of fans of Rink grips out there. For good reason.

Oz
Oz

Post by Oz »

You know, I was thinking about this... It's possible that Rink might swap out your current grip for one that's a proper fit for you --for a nominal fee. Never hurts to ask. They have some guys that speak English very well and there are some that require you to brush up on your German. Your best bet would be to make the query via email.

Oz
jipe

Post by jipe »

Oz wrote:You know, I was thinking about this... It's possible that Rink might swap out your current grip for one that's a proper fit for you --for a nominal fee. Never hurts to ask. They have some guys that speak English very well and there are some that require you to brush up on your German. Your best bet would be to make the query via email.

Oz
You can try but the chance is low since, due to the enormous amount of models (think of the amount of parameters for each grip...) the Rink grips are made on demand, there is very little stock and only for very common pistols (LP10 is a typical example).

But indeed, it costs nothing to ask !

That said, Rink grips are one of the best on the market and I saw on the Rink site that the CPM1 grip seems to be the same as the one for the LP200, CP2-Match, CP3, CP3-Match, LPM1 und LP201.
http://www.formgriffe.de/standardgriffe ... /lp200.php

This increase your chance to find a buyer.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Check out http://www.egun.de - it's a great source to find out about prices for used items and every now and then you can find real bargains here. The page is available in German, French and English. Much better choice then Ebay in my eyes.
kenmen1@gmail.com

CPM-1 Grips

Post by kenmen1@gmail.com »

The post is kind of old, but on the off chance that you still have them, I'm interested.
Not sure what they're worth, but I'd pay around $100 if they came with a right of return in case they don't fit well.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It really depends, if someone really wanted them they'd be worth maybe $150 or so. You might be holding on to them for sometime as there isn't a giant market for them, so if you want to move them quick you might have better luck at a lower price.