OK which Chrony

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
robinhoods

OK which Chrony

Post by robinhoods »

I've got a Pardini K58 on the way and a fwb 300 s that supposedly is shooting at a low velocity but I have a maccari spring kit on its way for it so I will need a chronograph. I just want to know what speed it is shooting at.
I am not going to be a FPS fanatic. I just want one that will work indoors.
Trouble is some people swear by them and some say they don't work that well indoors
any help would be appreciated
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The problem with using almost any chronograph indoors is that the optical sensors get confused by any flicker in the lighting. Fluorescent lights (especially non-compact ones) flicker at 120 Hz, and this will mess up the readings. Compact fluorescents have an electronic power converter in them that runs the bulbs at a higher frequency, but I suspect they will still cause problems.

Incandescent lights should be OK. Chrony sells a special lighting kit for indoor use.
Toznerd

Post by Toznerd »

I like my old Chrony. I have a setup on a rolling workstation that holds the Chrony and a pellet trap. Chrony Just recently came out with an LED illuminator. I have examined it, but not heard any reviews regarding it's operation.

Toznerd
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

For airgun I use a Combro and just bridge the gap between the sensors with a piece of card or insulating tape.
robinhoods

Combro Chrono

Post by robinhoods »

Do you use the alignment tool? I can't find any locally.
David
David Levene

Re: Combro Chrono

Post by David Levene »

robinhoods wrote:Do you use the alignment tool? I can't find any locally.
A 3.75mm knitting needle does the job fine. If you particularly want the alignment tool then why don't you just order it from Combro?
Gwhite

Using Combro on Pistols with Underbarrel Air Cylinders?

Post by Gwhite »

The Combro looks like a nice gadget, but it isn't clear to me how well it will work with either of my PCP pistols. Both my Morini 162 & my Steyr LP50 have the air cylinders extending pretty much up to the muzzle. Do you attach the Combro to the cylinder, or do you have to mount it off to the side?
David Levene

Re: Using Combro on Pistols with Underbarrel Air Cylinders?

Post by David Levene »

Gwhite wrote:Do you attach the Combro to the cylinder, or do you have to mount it off to the side?
I have made a special bracket to attach it to the cylinder but it's just as easy to remove the front sight and hold it on upside down.
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

I have a Shooting Chrony. Years ago, I did some tests with it to compare its results to the Oehler 35. I don't have the data any more but they consistently agreed within a few feet per second.
robinhoods

Chrombro NG

Post by robinhoods »

got it in the mail yesterday after waiting a week to get it from nikkronos.
They had 50 for sale at $73.
Well I never got to test my gun because it worked for about 5 min. and then crapped out. does not turn on at all.

Emailed nikkronos and want me to ship it back and they will replace it.
Wish they would just take it back but they don't.
David-
I did a lot of research and settled on this one because you can carry in your pocket anywhere and it is light as a feather.
Only thing is it doesn't work.
robinhoods

checked the batteries

Post by robinhoods »

ok it works now
Last edited by robinhoods on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robinhoods

checked the batteries

Post by robinhoods »

Read 6 volts then I noticed a fine wire that makes contact on the negative end and pushed it in more towards the batteries and whala it works fine.
David F
robinhoods

ok i fixed it

Post by robinhoods »

It now works
Wiley-X

Re: checked the batteries

Post by Wiley-X »

robinhoods wrote:whala
Whala?