New .22 Rifle from Grunig and Elimiger

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Barney

New .22 Rifle from Grunig and Elimiger

Post by Barney »

Check out the link below on the new smallbore rifle from G & E.
Looks pretty cool and obviously trying to match the Bleiker.
Proof I guess will be if it can shoot as good as a Bleiker on the world stage.

http://www.gruenelshop.ch/ac_pdf/GE_RACER.pdf

Barney

Post by Guest »

I saw it last week on their homepage and phoned them for more information about it (I'm from switzerland and holder of a G&E big bore rifle).

they said it would probably be available to buy in september. this weekend we'll receive more informations on/after the IWA in Nürnberg, March 12 and 13.

I would buy one and very excited for more news.
ZD

G and E

Post by ZD »

Why would you want to feed the rifle from above? Looks as if you would drop the round into the chamber, and the bullet would be affected from the drop. Also, wonder how much something like that costs. Probably too much.
Barney

Post by Barney »

At a guess, the price would be on par with a Bleiker one would assume?
Martin Catley

G&E

Post by Martin Catley »

In reply to a previous poster, on the sheet it appears you can load from side or top.
Martin
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

Barney wrote:At a guess, the price would be on par with a Bleiker one would assume?
It's on the sheet - about €2300 for a barrelled action. I'd guess the stock is another €1200-1800.

I'm trying to work out how many bedding screw it uses. There's 9 holes on the action's base plate! I'm guessing the bedding holes are the 2 or 3 larger ones down the centreline, but then Anschutz 20-series actions uses 4, so it could conceivably be more...
Barney

Post by Barney »

I think they would all be universal holes for different stocks
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

+1 on what the heck with the top feeding system. It's a tall action, but I foresee riser blocks covering up that hole.
Barney

Post by Barney »

Good point, although like the bleiker the loading port is very close to the back of the action, therefore you will probably find that the sight/riser blocks will be forward of the top loading slot.
If your lucky and can have the sight further forward then you have two options for feeding, if not, you just have to use the traditional way I guess.
But yes, its a little strange, and looking at the pictures I cant see anthing for the round to drop on to which will centre it for feeding into the chamber squarely.
There doesn't seem to be any type of ramp mechanisim with a half round in it like on an Anschutz for example?