10m Target Alignment-Multiple Bull Targets

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

AHRogersIV

10m Target Alignment-Multiple Bull Targets

Post by AHRogersIV »

When shooting the 10m matches I usually have to shoot two AR 5/10 targets side by side. I find that I struggle with initially aligning myself and after finding my NPA on the left hand target I have to move my rear foot ALOT in order to get it over to the right hand target. Can anybody offer any advice as to a good way to align yourself when shooting multiple bull targets?
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

I try to move both of my feet equally to keep my shoulders and position pointing in the same direction. Just moving it over several inches (depending on how far apart the bulls are).
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Treat them as the two separate targets they are.

Set you NPA for target 1 and shoot it. Then move BOTH feet and set your NPA for target 2.
Slowstdy

Post by Slowstdy »

I watched 2 Olympic shooters at a match 2 years ago do that, but they shuffled both feet forward for each vertical line of bull's, i.e. they moved 5 times from their original position. The older sister won with a 597, her last shot was made with 12 seconds left on the clock, amazing too watch. I have noticed of late people using Lasers to line them selfs up with the center of the target. I use a fold up tape for the distance my feet are apart, maybe we should be using one combined with a laser for the position of our feet across the targets. Some thing to look into..
ARshooter

Post by ARshooter »

I was struggling with the same issue. When I practice at home, I mark the floor with tape, so I can just move my feet in position for the next row and quickly reestablish NPA.
ZD

Multiple bull target

Post by ZD »

I would agree with shifting both feet at the same time. However, I have difficulty with the third column with left shots (the far right) on both targets, so i bring my right foot back just a hair (I'm a right handed shooter). A word of caution; make sure your cant is consistent. I have often found myself lessening my cant when moving from left to right. I also reset my feet when I move from one whole target to the next. Also, move your offhand stand and scope with you when you move 2 or 3 columuns.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

ARshooter wrote:I was struggling with the same issue. When I practice at home, I mark the floor with tape, so I can just move my feet in position for the next row and quickly reestablish NPA.
Hi

That's what we were taught in Rifle Coach class. I do the same thing in Pistol (when I remember).

Mike
Wichita KS