Stock length

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hon

Stock length

Post by Hon »

I have relatively long forearm and as a result have a longer stock length set up compared to other shooters of similar height and built as myself.

If you look behind a shooter (not along the line of fire but behind his back perpendicular to the line of fire), you may find most if not all shooters have the right hand (right-handed shooter) behind or just at the left shoulder. i.e. you won't be able to see his/her right hand if looking from behind because it is hidden inside the left shoulder.

In my case, because my forearm is long and hence the stock length but my body is slim, and as you can see in my photo, my right hand is placed further towards the target. Do you think this placement is ok? Or should I shorten the stock to bring the right hand back away from the target?

Thanks.
Hon

Post by Hon »

Sorry! Forgot to mention that I shoot ISSF AR.

Post by Guest »

I dunno - does it feel like your right shoulder is being thrust backward?
Hon

Post by Hon »

no. i don;t have a lot of pressure from the butt plate onto my shoulder.
Brian Carstensen

Post by Brian Carstensen »

If you shorten then stock then you will have issues with your wrist possably kincking up. Your Postion looks good and i see you have a scatt so my suggestion is try it and see how if effects your hold. You can't hurt anything by trying. If your asking about it than you think that it could be of help and sometimes that can help more than what you are changin

Brian