ISBN for Book Pistol Shootig Antal, Laslo & Skanaker, Ra

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

joecon

ISBN for Book Pistol Shootig Antal, Laslo & Skanaker, Ra

Post by joecon »

Hi. Would anyone have the ISBN (number) for the book 'Pistol Shooting' by Laslo Antal, and Ragnar Skanaker; Liverpool, England: published by authors, 1985.
Can't seem to find it anywhere with text searches- it is in english right?
Will try for an inter library loan if I get the ISBN.
Thanks, Joe.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

joecon

Post by joecon »

Luke- this looks like a german language text (I had found this)- but it's the english text (if one exists) that I want the number for. Thanks anyway.
joker

Re: ISBN for Book Pistol Shootig Antal, Laslo & Skanaker

Post by joker »

joecon wrote:Hi. Would anyone have the ISBN (number) for the book 'Pistol Shooting' by Laslo Antal, and Ragnar Skanaker; Liverpool, England: published by authors, 1985.
Can't seem to find it anywhere with text searches- it is in english right?
Will try for an inter library loan if I get the ISBN.
Thanks, Joe.
I have 'Competitive Pistol Shooting' by Antal - is that what you want?

ISBN 0-7136-5569-0 is 2nd edition paperback 1989.

I was lucky to get a copy for £4 delivered on e Bay.
joecon

Post by joecon »

Hi Joker, No I have that book also-
I've seen reference to 'Pistol Shooting' by LA & RS here on Target Talk & most recently in a coaching article on 'Pistol Austrailia' site. It could be that these references are to the german book as identified by LukeP but giving the title in english?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

It certainly did exist in English, I remember talking to Laslo about it in the mid '80s.

I will check when I get home this evening to see if I have a copy of it buried away somewhere, but I don't think I have. I think it was another one of the books that somebody "borrowed" in the dim and distant past.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Sorry, just checked, no sign of my copy.
paulo

Post by paulo »

john bickar

Post by john bickar »

WorldCat doesn't show it as having an ISBN, which - if it was self-published - it may not.

But the info at the above link should be enough for an ILL request.
Jim Cruise

Post by Jim Cruise »

There is no ISBN number in the book "Pistol shooting" Laslo Antal & Ragnar Skanaker foreword by Marv Epling, special article by Frank Briggs.

The only information inside the cover is First edition 1985, Published by Laslo Antal & Ragnar Skanaker 13 Salisbury Road, Cressington Park, Liverpool L19 OPH England.

Printed & bound in Sweden by Ljungbergs Boktryckeri AB, Klippan, Sweden.

The other book is:
"Competitive pistol shooting" Dr Laslo Antal 1989 2nd Ed (1st Ed 1983) ISBN 0-7136-5569-0
Published by A & C Black Ltd 35 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4JH

Hope this helps.
joecon

Post by joecon »

Guys, Thank you very much for all that info.. Though it looks like it is not available anywhere. Even the British Library does not have it listed!! I thought all books published in UK would be listed there.
Thanks again all.
Quest1

Pistol Book

Post by Quest1 »

MEC is supposed to be publishing an English version of the Olympic Shooting Book. You might want to ask when it will be available. The last comment I got from them last year would seem to indicate that it maybe available soon.
Don

Post by Don »

MEC has their own German language book on Olympic pistol shooting. It is not by Antal and Skanaker. When I asked them about it in January, they indicated that an English language translation was still a work in progress.

Don
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Yes I had a copy of the German book looks very interesting, seeing it was available around 2006-2007 and it's now 2010, I'm not holding my breath for the english translation anytime soon.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Richard H wrote:Yes I had a copy of the German book looks very interesting, seeing it was available around 2006-2007 and it's now 2010, I'm not holding my breath for the english translation anytime soon.
It is still being translated, but as you say, don't hold your breath as it's been being translated for at least 3 years that I know of.

Rob.
Lucyantal

pistol shooting by Laslo Antal & Ragnar Skanaker

Post by Lucyantal »

Hello,

We have some new & unused copies of the 1985 Pistol Shooting by Laslo Antal & Ragnar Skanaker books, available for sale if anyone is interested.

Laslo's daughters.
melchloboo

Post by melchloboo »

Price, etc?
joecon

Post by joecon »

Hi All,
FYI-
I now have both the books below, & the content is same/ very similar.

"Pistol shooting" Laslo Antal & Ragnar Skanaker

"Competitive pistol shooting" Dr Laslo Antal
FredB

similar but not identical

Post by FredB »

joecon wrote:Hi All,
FYI-
I now have both the books below, & the content is same/ very similar.

"Pistol shooting" Laslo Antal & Ragnar Skanaker

"Competitive pistol shooting" Dr Laslo Antal
I have examined both books, and while they are very similar, they are not identical. The book by Antal alone omits some of the more personal comments by Skanaker and adds other material, and some of the photos are different.

To Dr. Antal's daughters,
I would be interested in a copy of the book. Mine is falling apart!

FredB
Lucyantal

Pistol Shooting by Laslo Antal & Ragnar Skanaker

Post by Lucyantal »

£10 plus £2 post and packing. Cheques payable to Lucinda Antal c/o 13 Salisbury Road Cressington Park Liverpool L19 0PH. The books are brand new, found when, sadly, clearing the house following Laslo's death earlier this year. Shooters did use to write and ask Dad to buy copies, think he forgot he had these!

On the subject of Laslo's passing, we've found stacks of his medals and shooting awards, we don't want to throw them away - can anyone suggest a good home?? - email lucindaantal@btinternet.com

Thanks,

Laslo's daughters.