New Shooter!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JMBAZ

New Shooter!

Post by JMBAZ »

Just picked the hobby/sport up a few weeks ago and have IZH-46M and setup a 10M range in my garage. I have a newbie "dumb" question. How exactly do you score a B-40 target? I have been progressing through the NRA Marksmanship for 10M from benchrest, advanced supported, two-handed and am now at the level of one hand standing shooting (normal level). But I cannot fully understand scoring my shots! Any help will be appreciated.

Post by Guest »

Welcome to the sport and the forum!

Shot value is based on the highest scoring ring that the shot touches. If a shot just barely nicks the 10 ring, it's a ten.
JMBAZ

Scoring

Post by JMBAZ »

Ok, so what if the shot touches the x ring? Do I need a gauge to start scoring to the tenths?

Post by Guest »

The only place the tenths matter is in the finals, where the best 10 (or some other #) shooters from the "regular" match compete head-to-head. Aside from that, the tenths aren't counted. A shot that just grazes the inner ten ("X ring") counts the same as one that's dead center.
JMBAZ

Inner X ring

Post by JMBAZ »

So if someone just grazes the x ring, the smallest ring on the B-40 it's an 11?
JMBAZ

Answered my own question, I think.

Post by JMBAZ »

Reading the history of 10M AP on Pilkguns it explains ISSF scoring and now I see that a perfect shot through x ring would be a 10.9. Since I started shooting, couple of weeks I have been underscoring all my shots by ONE point. Thank goodness, I was getting pretty disappointed, especially from benchresting! Got it now, thanks!
roostonu

Re: Answered my own question, I think.

Post by roostonu »

JMBAZ wrote:Reading the history of 10M AP on Pilkguns it explains ISSF scoring and now I see that a perfect shot through x ring would be a 10.9. Since I started shooting, couple of weeks I have been underscoring all my shots by ONE point. Thank goodness, I was getting pretty disappointed, especially from benchresting! Got it now, thanks!
Unless your shooting in a final round (10 shots), the highest score you can shoot is a 10. Inner tens are not scored differently than an outer ten.