TOZ35 Ejection problems

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gpractice

TOZ35 Ejection problems

Post by gpractice »

My TOZ35 free pistol will not eject a spent casing.The extractor pulls the case halfway out of the chamber and then I have to pick the case out. Does the flat spring #61 on the slide lever, assist in the ejection process as it does not seem to be doing anything? Please help Thanks
mjmarz

Toz Extraction

Post by mjmarz »

Have you brushed out the chamber? If that gets fouled, ejection fails as well.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Spring #61 bears on item #64. As the bolt lever (loading lever) is pushed forwards, the front projection of #64 moves back along the underside of #74 (the bolt), until it can enter the rectangular recess on the bolt's underside. When this occurs, spring tension resulting from forwards movement of the loading lever causes the bolt to snap downwards, in turn giving the extractor a kick.

Therefore, spring #61 doesn't power the extraction, but does control the action of extraction. The extractor should snap backwards, and the bolt snap downwards (for the last bit of its movement). This snapping makes quite a noise. If spring #61 is broken or deformed, this 'snapping' doesn't happen.

Tight, dirty chambers, the 'wrong' ammunition and a peened breech face resulting from dry firing (you'd never do that, would you?) all conspire to make extraction problematical, even when the extractor snaps back, as it should.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Scrub out your chamber and clean and lubricate the ejector---not easy to do. Additionally if your ammo is tight going in or you have to force the lever the rim is too large. Try different brands of ammo and don't use cheapo's---I can tell you CCI SV will chamber with effort but the breach will not close on those thick rims. I use RWS Target Rifle exclusively or SK JAGD Green Dot. Make a small right angle brush out of one those crap brushes that came with the gun, so you can scrub your chamber before/during shooting.. With care ( the handle has sharp edges); when you bring the breach lever forward to eject you need to get a full energetic stroke, in order to eject and prevent failure to fire by "short stroking", a famous malady of TOZ. "Doc"
jipe

Post by jipe »

One of the main cause for this problem is the type of ammunition.

You must know that the diameter of .22lr ammunition is not the same for all brands. American ammunition (CCI, Federal...)have a slightly larger diameter than European ones (RWS, SK, Lapua...). These sligthly larger cartridge are difficult to push into the chamber and also more difficult to extract. My experience is that Eley (at least the type I have tested) fall inbetween: larger diameter than German ones but smaller than American ones.

I would advise to try with German ammunition and see if the problem is still there.
gpractice

Post by gpractice »

You guys are great! Shooting Kiwi figured it out. My pistol is missing Part #64 rest plate. There was no kick when extracting. I purchased the gun from a local gunshop and was not sure how the ejection system should work. Now I know that the part is missing. Thanks every one for the help.