Evanix, a target rifle?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Archerdan

Evanix, a target rifle?

Post by Archerdan »

I am looking into getting my family involved in air rifle target shooting, but the coach didn't like the 853's and mentioned another rifle brand. I could have sworn she said Evanix. Are they considered target rifles? I looked them up and they don't seem to come with sights!

Does anyone know about these?

Dan
randy1952

Re: Evanix, a target rifle?

Post by randy1952 »

Archerdan wrote:I am looking into getting my family involved in air rifle target shooting, but the coach didn't like the 853's and mentioned another rifle brand. I could have sworn she said Evanix. Are they considered target rifles? I looked them up and they don't seem to come with sights!

Does anyone know about these?

Dan
What type of target shooting are interested in precision, silhouette, sporter, or hunting? The Evanix as I am just guessing from the specs wouldn't be accurate enough for precision as the velocity and triggers are set to high to be a good precision rifle. They wouldn't be legal as a sporter rifle as their is a dollar limit would be more then the $500 limit. Scopes aren't allowed in either precision or sporter, so I am guess we are talking about shooting silhouette or other animal targets.
Archerdan

Post by Archerdan »

We are looking at precision shooting. 10 meter etc. We have never done it before. As a scout adviser I have shot precision small bore rifle at this range, but we are just now looking to join this CMP affiliated club.

Dan
sakoarms

Post by sakoarms »

Do you have a price point that you are trying to stay within, or do you know what type of air rifle you like (i.e. PCP, single stroke, CO2, etc)? I am guessing your coach suggested Avanti. They are in the Daisy product line. Avanti has many target rifles and are used by many clubs.
Archerdan

Post by Archerdan »

It is Possible she just didn't like the single stroke Pneumatics, but the 853 is an Avanti. I will see her tonight and will learn more.
Eurastus

Post by Eurastus »

I'll bring my 853 tonight and you can try that yourself.
sakoarms

Post by sakoarms »

Where are you at in Utah? I have a couple of air rifles that you could try as well.
Eurastus

Post by Eurastus »

sakoarms wrote:Where are you at in Utah? I have a couple of air rifles that you could try as well.
He's in the same area as we are; he's looking to start shooting with Donna tonight.
sakoarms

Post by sakoarms »

I thought so. I will be there tonight.
Eurastus

Post by Eurastus »

See Dan's other thread here: viewtopic.php?t=24267
Archerdan

Post by Archerdan »

Sakoarms,

It will be good to meet you also tonight. I couldn't have hoped for such luck as this. Two locals on this sight!

Dan