Good all around Air pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
S Schwegmann

Good all around Air pistol

Post by S Schwegmann »

I am a sargent at arms for a schutzenverein in Cincinnati, and we are considering starting a pistol division, and I have been charged with the research. Could someone please give me a recommendation on a good, all-around air pistol for competition shoots? We are looking at a budget of $1,000 to $2,000.

Thanks.
Naimed1983

Re: Good all around Air pistol

Post by Naimed1983 »

S Schwegmann wrote:I am a sargent at arms for a schutzenverein in Cincinnati, and we are considering starting a pistol division, and I have been charged with the research. Could someone please give me a recommendation on a good, all-around air pistol for competition shoots? We are looking at a budget of $1,000 to $2,000.

Thanks.
If you can get a Steyr LP10(e), get it! You cant get any better that that airpistol at this moment.

Visier published a rank-list of airpistols: http://www.visier.de/bilder/excel/lp_match.htm
K38

Post by K38 »

The Morini 162 is very nice as well. The Electronic trigger is very well proven and reliable. I may get my ears pinned back here, but Morini probably has more successful experience with electronic triggers than any other manufacturer (Hammerli mignt be mentioned her as well). I am pretty fumble fingered and I find the Morini easy to load with my left hand. If you can (I could not ) try out as many APs as you can to see what you like. I am not that good so about anything good quality would work OK for me. On the other hand the truly great shots could probably win despite a sub-optimal AP but they need and deserve the best. The Steyr is a great AP and out host here has them, I got My Morini from him and the service is very good and very accommodating, he even took my Pardini K58 in trade. The K58 is OK, but the pumping was hard on my injured right shoulder. I would also put in a good word for the Hill pump I bought at the same time, they are beautifully made and very smooth.

K38

(dwight)
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

If you can get a Steyr LP10(e), get it! You cant get any better that that airpistol at this moment.
+1
S Schwegmann

thank you

Post by S Schwegmann »

thank you and danke for all your replys
Rover

Post by Rover »

If the shooters are not buying their own guns and are just going to grab one from the closet to shoot, you may wish to consider a different style than mentioned above.

The FWB 65 or Pardini K58 are both "grab & go". All you need is a tin of pellets and you're ready to shoot. They also require minimal maintenance.

You can get used ones of either model for under $500.

Frei bier fur alles!