SMALLBORE SHOOTING IN THE KAISERSLAUTERN GERMANY AREA

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

AR15_GABALDON

SMALLBORE SHOOTING IN THE KAISERSLAUTERN GERMANY AREA

Post by AR15_GABALDON »

Can anyone help me to get started shooting smallbore here in GE? I am normally a High Power shooter and have no choice but to compete in smallbore now. I will be here in GE for the next three years and want to continue to shoot. I live in Imsbach Germany wich is a very, very small village, the biggest town next to it is Kaiserslautern. I have the ability to travel and would really to get started soon.

feel free to contact me via yahoo messenger

sexyasshermie@yahoo.com
ar15_gabaldon@yahoo.com

Thank you
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

There is a Schützenverein in Winnweiler, about 3 kms away. Next shooting clubs are in Rockenhausen, 7 kms away. I will check the federation websites (DSB, BDS, DSU, BDMP).
Winnweiler has 50 metres smallbore ranges; usage fee for guests is a whopping 1 Euro.
http://www.schuetzenverein-winnweiler.de.tl/Home.htm

1. The pertinent state federation within the DSB is the Pfälzischer Sportschützenbund (PSSB); the pertinent county association is Sportschützenkreis Kaiserslautern. There is a bigbore 100 metres range in Kaiserslautern, as you may have found out already.

In the PSSB, you can shoot 300 metres ISSF (only one range, at Wiesbaden), 100 metres (a scaled-down "300 metres 60 shots prone" ISSF style competition wth same guns), 100 metres military [repeating] rifle (20 prone / 20 standing).

2. Get into contact with *this* guy (esp. for 300 metres ISSF, but also for 100 metres Classic European Target Rifle / Schützen rifle):

Zoltan Olajos
Altbahnhof
67591 Hohen-Sülzen
Tel.: 06243/689014
Fax: 06243/903188

(Data are as publicized on the PSSB webpage, thus no privacy infringement.)

3. Here is the URL of the BDS federation's state association:
http://www.lv5-bds.de

4. And my own federation, the DSU, is also active in Rheinland-Pfalz. Here is our list in postal code sequence:
http://www.d-s-u.de/vereine.htm

Lastly: of COURSE you can shoot bigbore rifles here, though in their national German permutations. Anything farther away than 100 metres will be a bit of problem, however. And will involve travel, unless one can use military ranges.

Regards,
Alexander Eichener
Last edited by Alexander on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Hey I was stationed in Kaiserslautern 1953-1959 In the Vogelweh area and the Cantonement Kaserne. "Doc"
RMinUT

Post by RMinUT »

wow! not even an hour and you got several places to shoot at. Is this a great website or what?

Mr AR15 I hope you are ready to have your ego slapped around, you are in for some tough competition there in Germany. But when you return to the states you will be a far better shooter. I commend you for looking to still shoot even though your in a different country and have to use different equipment. Thats a true competitor.
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

I hope you will take a tip from one who has been there. First, Keep your mouth shut and let your shooting do the talking for you. Second, ask their coach to help you develope your kneeling position. And third, Try to affiliate with a German army unit and try for your Shutezin schneur.[Misspelled, I'm sure] It will take all three years for you to have a choance for the gold. First level is bronze, second year is silver. Good Shooting Bill Horton
hank2222

Post by hank2222 »

that where i think i got my love of 10 meter air rifles was beening stationed there and watching the german guys shooting on the weekends there ..

PLUS i loved the food there at most of the local shooting clubs it was a fun time for all ..both american g.i, and the local people who we got to know from shooting at the club ..
AR15_GABALDON

Thank you Very much

Post by AR15_GABALDON »

Thanks for all of the Advice! I am really happy to see that the shooting community even overseas is still tight. I know smallbore is a different game in its own right. My goal is my Distinguished riflemans badge, but, if I can start toward my International, well, I will be happy even just to earn points towards it. I will also chase my Smallbore Distinguished.

You guys are right, I will keep my mouth shut, and I will learn from the other shooters.

I look forward to seeing you guys on the range.

Herman
Stout

Winnwiler

Post by Stout »

I was stationed at Sembach 78 to 81 and help restart the base pistol team.
The Winnwiler club is a good group of shooters and friends you and your family will find a home there.
honeybadger

Post by honeybadger »

I'm just over the border from you, in Luxembourg. I was also member of a shooting club in Saarbrucken for a year.

Here, shooting is VERY MUCH about the socializing. Take a beer with them afterwards. You will be richly rewarded.

And if you ever think you might get over to Luxembourg, drop me a line.