re-peeling the onion, please read

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Post by Guest »

I think the technical aspects are not all that important. Compared to other platforms, I'd like to have more and different "smileys", as they are one of the few instruments on the net to communicate "non-verbally". A lot of times, people get misunderstood (especially those from non-english speaking countries) and bashed by all-so-great-and-knowing anglos, and the smileys could improve that situation somewhat, I think.

Beside that, content is everything - and that is most certainly not improving. TT is losing as many knowledgeable people as it's gaining, but the number of bashers, flamers and people who won't use the search function seems to be climbing. As long as there is no way to improve THAT, everything else is negligible.

Post by Guest »

P.S.: Perhaps I'm not clever enough to find it - but I'd like to have a function to delete my user account.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

About all I can think of to improve here would be more support within the editor for tables so match results could be posted.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

Sir
You have an excelent forum, don't change a thing. I see no reason to exclude guests. It is probably the best forum worldwide for depth of shooting interest and certainly the only one I can find that has the quality of input on target shooting from plinker level to world standard.
IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
Best regards
Robin
Rover

Post by Rover »

I like it as is, demented guests and all.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I would say that demented guests are a welcome complement to crazy regulars...
;-)
Jason

Post by Jason »

I think it works great, Scott. Guest posts can be annoying, but if cutting them off means not getting to hear from certain people -- like Eric U. in particular -- then I'd rather it not go away.

Jason
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I like the current format.
I have never done the facebook thing, so I don't understand the alternate facebook format.
Tom Amlie

Quick, too

Post by Tom Amlie »

This format is also nice for people like we with dial-up, as it loads fairly quickly without all of the baggage that most sites load onto every page. Putting it on facebook or similar site would probably make use more difficult for dial-up access as well as those with download limits.
Mike M.

Re: Quick, too

Post by Mike M. »

Tom Amlie wrote:This format is also nice for people like we with dial-up, as it loads fairly quickly without all of the baggage that most sites load onto every page. Putting it on facebook or similar site would probably make use more difficult for dial-up access as well as those with download limits.
Amen!
bicohen

Post by bicohen »

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

BC
Peter_Scant

Post by Peter_Scant »

Like other posters this is a great site. The only suggestion is to add an RSS feed.
2650 Plus

Keep the Forum as it is

Post by 2650 Plus »

New shooter guests have started the most intense discussions about techniques and mental processes . I believe the format should not be changed, and appeal to the elite to cut them a bit of slack because they are where we all were once. I can't think of a more valid goal for this forum than to assist these beginning shooters to advance their understanding of the sport.Good Shooting Bill Horton
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

Get rid of letting guests post. And if they have something to really contribute, then they can register first.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
sparky

Post by sparky »

I like the current format and like guest posting. Occasionally, I have to travel for extended periods for work and use computers that I cannot use to login to the forum.
Philadelphia

Post by Philadelphia »

I never used facebook (and never intend to). I don't exactly know what facebook is and don't feel particularly inclined to find out.

I like the forum as is.
Gort

Post by Gort »

I think Target Talk is Great as is. Please no Facebook.
Gort
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Don't mess with the best.

Love it the way it is

Post by Guest »

Scott,

It is Broke, and there are some things that need fixing... Spell Checker would help... I find myself having to construct a post on a word doc then cut and paste... I routinely have trouble logging in (yes, it kicks me out and I have to log back in daily and sometimes several times a day) and posting a reply or updating a post. I can't tell you the number of times I've typed a reply to a post (on a word doc first... then cut and pasted it into the Message Body block, hit Submit, to have it kick me out and tell me to Log In... I've cussed, screamed at the Computer, and even just said screw it, it's not worth the trouble to answer a post... It's just about daily.

Scott, I get on TT several time a day. I don't want you to go to Face book (my .gov computer will not let me go there...) or any of the social networking sights, but your software or program needs work.

I'd keep Guest, but I'd more closely monitor and ban Flamers.

Thanks,
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I agree with the vast majority, and would stick with it just as it is - I too don't like the facebook or any other social networking site option.

I have no problems login in or posting on multiple computers and can use a dictionary if I need to check my spelling :)

Rob.