Steyr LP 5 Manual

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tobyrex

Steyr LP 5 Manual

Post by Tobyrex »

Does anyone have a copy of a Steyr LP 5 Air Pistol manual? Air not CO2.
Thanks
RobStubbs

Re: Steyr LP 5 Manual

Post by RobStubbs »

Tobyrex wrote:Does anyone have a copy of a Steyr LP 5 Air Pistol manual? Air not CO2.
Thanks
I have a paper copy of the manual - what are you after ?

Rob.
Tobyrex

LP 5 Manual

Post by Tobyrex »

I recently purchased a LP 5 pre owned. Previous owner had not shot the pistol in almost 10 years. I have found that the pistol is not holding air. You can hear air leaking out or it near the port for the magazine, especially when the magazine is out of it. I tested both air cylinders by placing each end in water and found no bubbles. So the cylinders aren't leaking. I think the air seals may be old and leaking and would like to repair them. I don't have a copy of the LP 5 manual. I have a copy of the LP 50 manual, but I'm not sure it can be used for the LP 5. I was hoping someone could copy or scan one and email it to me. Thanks.
RobStubbs

Re: LP 5 Manual

Post by RobStubbs »

Tobyrex wrote:I recently purchased a LP 5 pre owned. Previous owner had not shot the pistol in almost 10 years. I have found that the pistol is not holding air. You can hear air leaking out or it near the port for the magazine, especially when the magazine is out of it. I tested both air cylinders by placing each end in water and found no bubbles. So the cylinders aren't leaking. I think the air seals may be old and leaking and would like to repair them. I don't have a copy of the LP 5 manual. I have a copy of the LP 50 manual, but I'm not sure it can be used for the LP 5. I was hoping someone could copy or scan one and email it to me. Thanks.
I'll have a look at my manual, but I really don't think it's all that detailed. Have your tried sourcing online on the steyr website ? I can't remember if they're on there. Re. your problem, it sounds like it could be the seal, but if it's been 10 years idle, I'd get it serviced.

Rob.