Good 300M standard rifle?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Aksu

Good 300M standard rifle?

Post by Aksu »

Please can you tell me good 300m standard rifle, trademark,model, caliber? I am located in Finland
Jason

Post by Jason »

Are you looking to build your own or buy a complete rifle?

JJ
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Bleiker and Grunig & Elmiger seem to be quite popular.
lovesbeer99

Post by lovesbeer99 »

What is the 300m rifle for? Competition shooting, informal shooting, hunting? Almost any bolt action rifle in .308 winchester, 8mm mauser will be good for hunting, just to name a few. If you want a competition rifle please be specific as to the requirements.

I shoot an AR15 in .223 in 300m NRA high power rifle which requires iron sights. I also shoot a Remington 700 in .308 with a bipod and a scope in a sniper competion at 300m, but it's way too heavy to carry for hunting at 15lbs.
j-team

Post by j-team »

lovesbeer99 wrote:What is the 300m rifle for? Competition shooting, informal shooting, hunting? .
A 300m standard rifle is exactly that.

An ISSF 300m standard rifle!

If I was going to venture into 300m shooting I would start with a Barnard Action, add a Truflite barrel in 6mmBR, put it in a custom alluminium stock and fit Centra sights. But, that's no help if you want an off the shelf rifle.
Aksu

ISSF and CISM

Post by Aksu »

Okei, I´m interested in 300m ISSF free and standard rifle events and CISM event. What about Sako TRG 22? Is it suitable for these? Please can you tell me what cost these Bleiker,Keppeler and so on rifles?
David Levene

Re: ISSF and CISM

Post by David Levene »

Aksu wrote:Please can you tell me what cost these Bleiker,Keppeler and so on rifles?
Why don't you email the manufacturers and ask them for an approximate cost.
Dave IRL

Post by Dave IRL »

Grunig and Elmiger have the prices on their website if you go to the online shopping section. They're very pleasant though, so if you e-mail them, you may get a better deal. Bleiker are more expensive. I was quoted about €4500 for a standard rifle (single shot action) with a spare free rifle trigger mechanism. He's also excellent to deal with however and will do anything you ask of him. Pricey, but the quality is astonishing.