pardini sp ftf

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
marka4504

pardini sp ftf

Post by marka4504 »

I am starting to get a lot of fail to fires in my pardini sp. i have tried several different types of ammo but getting the same result, probably one in every third mag. Am I up for new recoil spring and firing pin or is there something basic I have missed. When i first got the gun it performed flawlessly( I have only put about 500 rounds through it. Any ideas or feedback appreciated.
thanks Mark
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

500 rounds is a bit early to have built up enough crud on the bolt face or chamber to cause misfires, but a good cleaning is the first thing to try. It could also be a broken firing pin, but I doubt it.

One thing about switching ammo: the lubricants sometimes don't play well together. If you want to make sure you are getting valid test results, you should clean the bore & chamber each time you switch. Either that, or be prepared for some odd effects (misfeeding & poor accuracy mostly) for the first 20 or 30 rounds.
top end

Post by top end »

Not the same problem for me, but a consistent failure to eject (stovepipeing) started happenning once every 50 rounds or so. Found that the breach face and bolt face need cleaning every 500 rounds or so. I have been using Lapua - the oily stuff in the can. It shows great accuracy, but I think the oil tends to dirty thing up more than other ammo, and attracts more residue. By the way, has anyone got some photos, tips etc on changing the firing pin on a SP - could be a good resource.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I shot about 8000 rounds of Wolf MT or SKJagd Pistol Match in my Pardini SP without a single failure. Could your problem be ammo related?
tenex

Post by tenex »

Here's a long shot, could be a broken firing pin. Mine broke after 10-12K rounds (I think), but they could break sooner. Mine broke at the end where it necks down to the final diameter, causing an immediate failure to feed, but my friends' broke at the retaining notch, where it might work with inconsistent ignition.

Most seem to really like RWS target, I'd borrow a box and if I still had issues I'd take a look at the firing pin.

Could also be a bit of persistent dirt stuck to the chamber. Again, I go against the the grain and clean mine twice a year or so with a good bronze brush, and have had 2 or 3 failures to cycle in 2 or 3 cases of ammo (not bad reliability, 1 alibi in 7 or 8 years!).

Steve.

P.S. Take a look at the primer strikes. If they're light (or inconsistent) either of the above might apply.
tenex

Post by tenex »

top end wrote:Not the same problem for me, but a consistent failure to eject (stovepipeing) started happenning once every 50 rounds or so. Found that the breach face and bolt face need cleaning every 500 rounds or so. I have been using Lapua - the oily stuff in the can. It shows great accuracy, but I think the oil tends to dirty thing up more than other ammo, and attracts more residue. By the way, has anyone got some photos, tips etc on changing the firing pin on a SP - could be a good resource.
I don't have a picture, but if you drive out the retaining pin in the bolt it comes right out. Just 3 parts- firing pin, retaining pin, and spring. Really easy (if you catch the small parts!).

Steve.
diopter

Post by diopter »

Soft rim hits, FTF, in mine were caused by lead deposits in the chamber.
marka4504

Post by marka4504 »

Been cleaning and testing for a while now and have discovered it needs cleaning after just 200 rounds, then behaves perfectly. Any more than that it ftf a round every second clip.
diopter

Post by diopter »

What ammo?
Mine did not like CCI (too long)or the SK/Lapua in 500rnd can(dirty bolt face and gritty), but loves the SK/Lapua super club in 50 rd boxes. Can go though a brick before needing to clean.