Need somewhere in Northern kentucky to shoot AR/SB 3p

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

kyairgunner

Need somewhere in Northern kentucky to shoot AR/SB 3p

Post by kyairgunner »

We live in Independence Ky. It's by newport, erlanger, cincinnati etc...Would like to find a place to compete three position air rifle/ smallbore and air pistols with two juniors and myself. I would be willing to try and start a club in the area if I could get a few others to jump in and help. Any information or guidance would be appreciated. Email me at kyairgunner@hotmail.com Thanks, Chris Oldfield

Post by Guest »

Anything going on at Xavier University in Cinty? I know they killed the shooting team, but maybe they have a club? Try checking the state rifle association of Ohio, or see if Coach Alan Joseph is still affiliated with Xavier. Or maybe the shooting coaches at Ohio State can help you get connected.
AnthonyT

Post by AnthonyT »

I have found very little in the way of 3-POS and Air RIfle matches here in KY. I live down towards Bowling Green and while Western KY Univ. hosted a junior rifle match last year, that was the first and only one I have ever seen put on there. The only match I know of is at the Bluegrass Games. There has to be something else though. New shooting range down near Mammoth Cave just opened this month. Not sure what all they have yet, but maybe they will host some 3-position.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Hey KY guys!,
Just sent in paperwork to host the 2010 Kentucky state Air Rifle/Air Pistol open championships at UK. they air pistol will be April 17 and air rifle on April 18.
Ted Malone
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

[quote="AnthonyT"]..I live down towards Bowling Green and while Western KY Univ. hosted a junior rifle match last year, that was the first and only one I have ever seen put on there. ..quote]

Not to burst your bubble even further, but you might have seen the National BB-Gun matches that Daisy hosts. I believe that they're hosted at WKU. They also have an air rifle match in connection with it.

Mike
Wichita KS