Small reflex sights?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
GaryO

Small reflex sights?

Post by GaryO »

I am considering a small red dot reflex sight for my Model 42 S&W. They include: Burris FastFire II ($250), Walther Nano Sight ($139), Ultradot LT ($229). What is your experience with any of these sights? Thanks...
jenrick

Post by jenrick »

I've used a Dr. Optic's for several years now for a completely different purpose (it's mounted on my ACOG if that tells you anything). It is very reliable, battery lasts forever, and the weight is negligible. The sight holds it's zero once it's been zero'd, but zeroing it is a pain. I don't have any experience however with the hones your mentioned however.

-Jenrick
Rover

Post by Rover »

I have the small Ultradot and it's merely OK, though popular. I have a BSA I bought 3 of @ $20 a pop and they're holding up all right. I've seen the exact same thing with other brand names on them for 5 to 7 times the price.

You might ask this question on the Bullseye section, since Olympic shooters only use iron sights.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

I like the LT I have seen several on the line. A friend has the truglo that he likes. The only problems I see is the brightness isn't very adjustable and setting up. Gallery is fine but if you need to readjust for longer distances, a fine tuns adjustment is difficult without several sighters