Pants - compare Gehmann, Freeland, Champions Choice, ?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dj6mm

Pants - compare Gehmann, Freeland, Champions Choice, ?

Post by dj6mm »

Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for a pair of shooting pants. I'm wondering if anyone out there compared any of these, or others? The Gehmann are probably about the top end of my budget. The champions choice models say they have 2.5 inches of take up in the inseam and hook together with velcro, I like that, but maybe others do too (if anyone can comment to that).

I like stiff as possible, but it isn't the deciding criteria. Just want a good combination of adjustability, stiffness, padding.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
talladega

Post by talladega »

i got the champions choice pants. seem to be almost the exact same as the gehmann ones.
Quest1

Re: Pants - compare Gehmann, Freeland, Champions Choice, ?

Post by Quest1 »

dj6mm wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for a pair of shooting pants. I'm wondering if anyone out there compared any of these, or others? The Gehmann are probably about the top end of my budget. The champions choice models say they have 2.5 inches of take up in the inseam and hook together with velcro, I like that, but maybe others do too (if anyone can comment to that).

I like stiff as possible, but it isn't the deciding criteria. Just want a good combination of adjustability, stiffness, padding.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
If you want a good quality pants for the money buy the Monard for the same price the Monard is a far better quality pants then the Gehmann or Choice Model which are made in the Pakistani or Asian plants. The Monards keep their stiffness whereas the others after a short time you just as well wear Levi pants. If you are a junior and belong to a club you can probably get a small discount on the Monard junior pants or jacket.
enricovolante

Post by enricovolante »

I shot with ghemann pant for over two years and my conclusion is that are very fine for the money but if you are tall (I'm 185 cm, around 6,5 feet tall) and you shoot kneeling you may find the patch on your bottom a little low. This cause the shoes to rest against your popo' directly causing pain

Regards
dj6mm

Post by dj6mm »

Thanks to everyone who replied. Must be some others out there who walked up and down commercial row at Perry looking at such stuff?????