Just got Crossman Challenger 2009

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

RevvDon

Just got Crossman Challenger 2009

Post by RevvDon »

My Challenger arrived yesterday. I'm new to this but will post my thoughts as I use it more. A few quick things:

- Does anyone know what kind of sling will fit it and where to get one? The Crosman rep told my my nylon Daisy sling (from a 953) would attach easily, but the accessory rail is different than the 953's. Crosman's site says they don't make any accessories for the gun. Any ideas?

- If you are filling it with the hand pump you may need to do it w/ the gun cocked if it is the first fill. This nugget of wisdom is buried in the manual only under the section about filling it w/ a pressurized tank. So I just spared you hours of lat night frustration figuring out why the neither the pump nor gun will hold pressure.

- So far the only thing I don't like is the sound it makes when it shoots - a little boingy and toy-like. I haven't touched any of the factory adjustments.

Don

Post by Guest »

Maybe Crosman used a standard Anschutz-style rail? (has a t-shaped profile) You'll need a standard handstop then.

Post by Guest »

Thanks. I called around and found out that it is indeed a standard rail so I just ordered a standard hand stop and sling.

So many "Challenger" models!

Post by Guest »

Is this the new Crosman that apparently takes either pre-compressed air OR CO2 powerlets?