Bloop tube/tuner

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Environs

Bloop tube/tuner

Post by Environs »

Hi fellow shooters.
I'm in process of designing and making a bloop tube with a tuner to lengthen sight radius of my short barreled Anschutz, and dont like how bulky some of them are and how they can interfer with sight pic. Only looking at around 100mm of extension at this stage.
My question is what do you think would be smallest inner diameter of the tube? Most seem to be about 19mm. I have seen this question asked before but no answer. What sort of volume is needed in the tube to take discharge of gases and not disturb the bullet?
All or any advise welcomed.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

No matter what size inside diameter of the tube, the bullet is affected for 12-18" past the muzzle.

I have seen inside diameters as small as 1/2" (approx 1.25cm) to well over 3 cm.

Inside diameter has less impact than the actual weight of the overall assembly has on the vibrations of the barrel.
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

Jason Lowe at Lowey Products in South Australia makes a short tuner/bloop model for std FWB and long Anschutz barrels. From memory the tube is about 22-24mm ID and about 150-200mm long.

Have a look at www.loweyproducts.com.
Cheers
Martin
Geust

Post by Geust »

Jason may start making longer ones if there more interest in them.

There's a big if on the may, he does have a job that pays....
Environs

Post by Environs »

Thanks guys.
My dad has pretty good mill/lathe and has nearly finished my prototype. Will do final fit to barrel end this weekend then send it off to get blued next week. Will post pic's and some test groups when finished.
Cheers
HS

Bloop tube

Post by HS »

Environs,

If you happen to have a 440 mm Anschutz factory extension tube (16") for sale, I would like to buy it.

HS
Environs

Post by Environs »

Sorry have not got one.
Here are pic's of home made blooptube tuner. Sorry about quality of pic's. Still some tidying up to do & will do some testing (modify if necessary) before getting it blued. But carnt do that till I get new M22 forsight with all the bits I want on there as well.
Cheers
Attachments
lot 60 013b.jpg
lot 60 014b.jpg
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

I sent a mail to loweyproducts for a price.
Any chance that someone already knows?
Thank you!
Lowey

Tuner

Post by Lowey »

Hi tsokasn

Havent seen an email from you ? Our email is lowey@skymesh.com.au Our tuner prices start at $150 AUD

Thanks
Lowey
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Hi Lowey!
I need to try first a blooptube and a sight extensioner first to see the results to make my decision.
I will let you know.