Removable weight ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pistolsmurf

Removable weight ?

Post by pistolsmurf »

Hi, is it legal(ISSF) to remove/add weight from the pistol during a comp. offcourse the total weight must be within limits, for both with and without removeable weight. I am specifically thinking about adding weight for the 10 sec stage in ISSF-standard.
Thanks Mikkel from Denmark
David Levene

Re: Removable weight ?

Post by David Levene »

pistolsmurf wrote:Hi, is it legal(ISSF) to remove/add weight from the pistol during a comp. offcourse the total weight must be within limits, for both with and without removeable weight. I am specifically thinking about adding weight for the 10 sec stage in ISSF-standard.
Thanks Mikkel from Denmark
In theory this is not a problem Rule 6.4.7 says "After equipment has been approved, it must not be altered at any time prior to or during the competition in any way that would conflict with the ISSF Rules."

The following rules should however be noted:-

6.4.2.2 Prior to the competition each shooter’s gun and other equipment
must be examined by the Equipment Control Section to ensure that it conforms to ISSF Rules. The shooter is responsible for presenting all guns and equipment, including any questionable equipment and/or accessories for official inspection and approval before use.

6.4.5 The Equipment Control Section must register the name of the shooter, the make (manufacturer), serial number, and caliber of each gun approved on an Equipment Control Card.

6.4.6 All approved equipment must be marked with a seal or sticker and the approval must also be recorded on the Equipment Control Card.

You should therefore make sure that you present any additional weights to Equipment Control and explain that you want to add them during the match. Make sure that the details are entered on your EC card and that each item gets a sticker.

You should also explain what you intend doing to the range staff before the match starts and show them the EC card and stickers.

As an aside, I have never seen a top Standard Pistol shooter add weight for the 10 second series. Most will decide how much weight for the 10s series and learn to shoot the 150s and 20s with that same weight. Remember that you will not be able to touch the gun while there is anyone forward and you will normally only then get the 1 minute load time. You are allowed to do it, but do you need the hassle and is it worth it.
pistolsmurf

Post by pistolsmurf »

Thanks for the fine answer. I guess you're right, I must find the right weight for ten seconds, and make it work in 150+20.
Mikkel from denmark