slippery shooting boots

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

afaust

slippery shooting boots

Post by afaust »

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or solutions to remedy slippery shooting boots. I'm using an OLD OLD pair of Saur shooting boots that are very very slippery. When I walk in them, it's as if I'm ice skating. My coach suggest wiping the floor with a moist/wet rag but midway through the competition it stops working. Because of this, I'm forced to step out of my stance and wipe the floor again.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks so much!!
BPBrinson

Shoe goo

Post by BPBrinson »

Paint the soles with a product called "Shoe Goo". Once cured, it is a rubbery, tough surface. Beware, it may be too sticky at 1st, and if you walk on gravel, you will bring some w/ you.

Brooks
Spencer

Re: slippery shooting boots

Post by Spencer »

afaust wrote:...My coach suggest wiping the floor with a moist/wet rag but midway through the competition it stops working. Because of this, I'm forced to step out of my stance and wipe the floor again.
6.3.6.3.5 It is prohibited to put any substance on the floor of the Firing Point. It is prohibited to wipe the firing point without permission.
afaust

wiping the floor

Post by afaust »

It's ok I've asked permission to wipe the floor.

About the Shoe Goo... we sadly don't have the product here in the Philippines :( although i'll try to have a look around the hardware stores.[/quote]
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Try simply wiping the soles of your boots with your palm. If dust builds up on the soles from walking around, it will make your boots slippery on any smooth surface.

Post by Guest »

Wipe across the soles with some very rough sandpaper or a file. You are not trying to remove a lot of material, like sanding a piece of wood, but only trying to put some roughness back onto the soles.