new Morini question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pcctex

new Morini question

Post by pcctex »

Today received new Morini CM 162 EI from Pilkington. Charged cylinders using yoke and scuba tank. Installed cylinder on the pistol. I cannot raise the loading port arm more than 1/4". The small hook is not engaged.

Any suggestions as to problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Pearre Chase

Post by Guest »

Use more force. Mine is tough to open on the first try also. That is how it works even today. Leave it for an hour or longer and it is tough to open. After the first opening it is much lighter. I would guess it has something to do with diferent o-ring that Morini is using.
pcctex

Post by pcctex »

The lever seems to be blocked by something. I'm afraid much more force and I will bend the lever.

Was your this tight?

Pearre Chase

Post by Guest »

Yes, it was and still is on the first opening of the day.
I put my thumb on the top of the receiver and pull lever with my index finger. That way I have better control how much force I use and for how longof the pull.

Post by Guest »

Its not leaking air? My old 162 E was, which caused the airsafety to stop working and thus blocking the safetylever somewhere half way..
pcctex

Post by pcctex »

Thank you for your help. The thumb and index finger was the trick. Now I just have to figure out the sights. I use a center to high 6 oclock hold. With the rear sight on the Morini bottomed out; I am still out of the black at 12 oclock. Does Morini make a taller front sight?

Pearre Chase
yana

Post by yana »

You can raise the rearsight. Put a washer underneath it.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

yana wrote:You can raise the rearsight. Put a washer underneath it.
That would make the shots go higher.

Pearre needs them to go lower.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Mill some off the rear sight - try to take it to engineering company as you don't want any sideways cant must remain level - obviously you will lose some depth in the rear sight if you mill the top but depends what is acceptable - you might be able to mill off the bottom so keep same depth of sight picture or get them to extend the notch if they take off the top.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Mill off the rear sight?! Why not bend the barrel downwards? Put a piece of plastic under the front sight, 2-3mm should do the job. 5 minutes work.