steyr gripsizes, 5.5=L?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
yana

steyr gripsizes, 5.5=L?

Post by yana »

My grip says 5.5 at the bottom. What size is that? Its big so L?
I need a smaller one, hence the question..
I saw a '70' for sale but dont know what size thát is either..
In morinisizes, I'd need a XS/S. But I can cope with a M.
Jodykid

Post by Jodykid »

Hi. I have an LP10 and it just has an L stamped on the bottom of the grip. I ordered it as a Large.

Joe
theliberal

Steyr Grip

Post by theliberal »

If your grip is medium, I might be interested in buying it from you.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Be warned: grip sizes vary with the wind.

I have a 5 and a M that feel the same, had two larges (one in a FWB P44, one in the LP@). The FWB was a lot bigger than the LP's, the biggest grip I've ever seen, both new and made by Morini.

The FWB was delivered wrong by the importer (Beeman's?), who had no small to deliver, so dumpped a large on me. Asked 60 days to get me a small. Since I live in Brazil, it was easier to sell the pistol to get rid of the grip and buy an used LP.

Bought the LP, with the large grip, swaped by the 5 and adjusted it.

A friend went to Germany, and pre-ordered a S for me. When he arrived in Munich, the package was there: the M I have.

Boils down to "try it." If you buy without seeing, have the shop confirm size before shipping.

Post by Guest »

My Steyr is an older CO2 version of about 1996. Maybe they changed to S,M,L later?
Its certainly a BIG grip. I enlarged palmrest adjustment, and even than it ónly fits tight with a glove on..So I suspect an L or XL. My 162 is a M and I can just cope with that..
What should I ask them to measure to find out the size?

Post by Guest »

Just got a reply from Steyr. They say mine is a WOMANSIZE grip, size M!!?? They must have ENORMOUS woman in Swiss than..;)
That cán't be right..
Thinkqob

Post by Thinkqob »

morini made grips for somr other air gun company , include steyr
at morini's website i find this
XXLarge L = 105 mm
XLarge L = 100 mm
Large L = 95 mm
Medium L = 90 mm
Small L = 85 mm
XSmall L = 80 mm
XXSmall L = 75 mm

http://archerfish.org/
Attachments
hand.jpg
hand.jpg (8.63 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
FredB

Post by FredB »

The earlier Steyr grips made by Morini were marked with numbers for size, rather than letters. I know that number 1 was Medium RH and came standard with the guns, and number 3 was Small RH. IIRC, and memory is definitely vague here, odd numbers were RH and even numbers LH, so 2 would have been Medium LH and 4 Small LH. Probably number 5 was Large RH, so maybe 5.5 was Extra-large RH? Just a somewhat educated guess.

HTH,
FredB