lp1 with high hit

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dam8

lp1 with high hit

Post by dam8 »

my lp1 has shot flawlessly for 4 yrs now. 2 to 3 sleeves of match grade pellets through it. And all of at once my shots are high? I started to compensate, more sub 6 than usual. and ever adjust the sight...Yesterday I bench rested it and with the sights fully adjusted it still shoots high!
Could this be a regulator issue?
Does anyone have a remedy?
zollman

Post by zollman »

A fellow club member had adjusted the grip angle on his Steyr LP and had unknowingly run the tang of the grip into the bottom of the rear sight, pushing it up and raising his groups. Something to check. Other than that, there are few other possibilities for the sudden shift in groups; Pellet deflection exiting the crown or compensator (possible, but not if you are getting decent groups); front sight lowered (highly unlikely), or Barrel has become misaligned or loose in receiver mount. I'm out of ideas after that.

good luck,

zollman
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

that's exactly what i did on my anschutz LP@
6string

Post by 6string »

I've experienced the same thing with my old LP1 and have seen it in others. The velocity is probably low. It is possible that the velocity adjustment screw needs a tweak. But if it happened suddenly, it is more likely a problem with the regulator (the part the cylinder screws into). I would check the regulator first, as once you start messing with the velocity screw it can take some time to get it back in adjustment. The regulator is easily removed once you unscrew the cylinder. Off the top of my head, I seem to recall that it is held on to the frame with a few allen screws. Once it is off, you'll see a little gas plunger that is basically a green plastic body with a metal wire passing through it. If you see a crack in the plastic, you'll have found the problem.
It's no big deal to replace. The part is cheap and there are no little springs to fly out or other surprises to doing this fix yourself.

Best regards,
Jim
dam8

Post by dam8 »

zollman, you hit it on the spot! I had tried to compare grips with my Pardini, and when I put it back on, I guess the shim, or the angle adjustment screws got changed.
Thanks everyone. Sometimes the simplest thing is the answer!