Sydney World Masters Games.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
John Hadjichristou

Post by John Hadjichristou »

Steve, probably the best place to log into would be:

http://www.pistol.org.au/Results/ISSF.php

That will give you a choice of looking at the latest Nationals in OZ, as well as other years and competitions.
We do not categorise by age in Competition, so you will have to search names thru the results and match them to who you know will be shooting alongside you in the WMG.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

Thanks for the link, John. I see that John Barnes, John Ingold and Gary Green are some of the top Oz shooters in this age category. BTW, how do you know my first name? Have we met?

Another question: I once met Jim Cruise of Tenant Creek on a Pilkington shooter's tour of Germany. He is a pretty good International shooter, and I don't see his name in the WMC competitor's list, nor in the 2009 Australia National Championship scores. Do you know of him? Is he still shooting?

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Jim Cruise is still very active as a shooter, coach and official - his work load is slowing down his ability to get to all the events (he missed the PA Nationals this year). We managed to share some food, wine and tall tales at The Arafura Games last month.

Spencer
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Slo cat wrote:BTW, how do you know my first name?
The website in your profile gives a pretty big clue.
John Hadjichristou

Post by John Hadjichristou »

David took my words, straight out of my mouth.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

Isn't the Internet wonderful?

Does anyone know where the 2013 World Masters Games will be held? Mrs. Slo cat is already accusing me of preparing for this event.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Slo cat wrote:Isn't the Internet wonderful?

Does anyone know where the 2013 World Masters Games will be held? Mrs. Slo cat is already accusing me of preparing for this event.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Slo Cat getting ready four and a half years out? I'm shocked. I think Mrs Slo Cat knows him pretty well.
I goggled it and rumor seems to be Germany, maybe Berlin but no official word on the web site. I would be happy to go to Germany. Food is great and I would love to drive on the Autobahn again. I keep checking the mailbox for my passport. As soon as I have the numbers off of it for the firearms paperwork I will be registering for Sydney and sending everything in. It will also help that my Credit card closes out this week
:-) Isabel
Bentpaper

2013 World Masters Games Site

Post by Bentpaper »

It was just announced that the 2013 World Masters Games will be in Turin, Italy.