Mec Buttplates

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BJ

Mec Buttplates

Post by BJ »

I'm looking to purchase 2 more buttplates such that I don't have to keep changing the one I have around for every position. I believe that I am going to get a Mec Free Position Buttplate but wanted to know how it attaches to the rifle? Does it have a carrier system with it or not? I want to use it on an Anschutz 1907.

Brian
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Having tried both, I prefer the anschutz adjustable buttplate so that would be my personal recommendation. The MEC just seemed a tadd cruder and the butt hook wasn't (as) adjustable.

Rob.
BartP

MEC Plate

Post by BartP »

You should ask that genius you are at Nationals with. :) He knows everything. I'm surprised at you! :) B

Post by Guest »

The only BP that ships with a carrier system/rods is the HPS Gemini

Post by Guest »

RobStubbs wrote:Having tried both, I prefer the anschutz adjustable buttplate so that would be my personal recommendation. The MEC just seemed a tadd cruder and the butt hook wasn't (as) adjustable.

Rob.
Brian, you can adjust the MEC buttplate more than the Anschutz buttplate that comes on their ALU stock. The back part of the hook has 3 angles you can adjust to, the hook comes with extentions to make it longer, and you can rotate it to fit your arm. The Anschutz has 4 adjustments for angle and then rotation, no tilt.

Furthermore, you can adjust the pieces that touch the front part of your arm/shoulder in height, rotation, and angle. That goes for the top and bottom piece. The Anschutz you can only adjust the top piece in angle and the bottom piece(s) in height and rotation. You can only achieve rotation of both pieces of the anschuts by rotating the whole buttplate one way, then rotating the bottom pieces the way you choose. The MEC you can have all 3 pieces adjusted in a different direction if you choose where Anschutz the middle piece is attatched to the top limiting the amount of adjustment.

I have also noticed that the MEC pieces are more comfortable. They feel like they are grabbing your shoulder, not pressing on your jacket or poking you lower arm.

In the end it is personal preference just as Mr. Stubbs said. But the MEC has alot of 'hidden' adjustments that the Anschutz doesn't.

-M. Liuzza