What should I buy?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nicolas26

What should I buy?

Post by Nicolas26 »

Hello folks, Ive been Reading the forums for quite a long time, but now I have a question and I do not know what to do, so I decided to register and ask for your help. Here is the thing, I used to shoot Air pistol 10m a long time ago with a Izzy 46, but sometime I decided to shoot rifle 10 mts (also air) so I sell the IZH and bought a FWB used air rifle. Now I think I wanna try again air pistol ( but without leaving air rifle), so Im looking for a good pistol to start training.
The thing is I want something a little better than the IZH, and since I have predilection for FWB, I thought of a FWB 103 air pistol (I can buy used but in excellent conditions at 600 euros aprox). Another option Is a new Afla proj CO2 pistol that I could get at about 400 euros, but it is co2, and that has some downside. But I do not know if I shouldn't be looking for a PCP one instead. Since my budget is tight I can't afford a new FWB PCP, so I could possible buy some one of these, if I save some money: TAU Brno 8 MATCH (800 euros), AERON CZ B 101 Spider (700 euros), GEHMANN G 100 (800euros). Since I already have a manual pcp pump (because I own other airguns), Its posible for me to go to a pcp pistol, but as I said, im tight on budghet right now.
I know FWB is state of the art on airguns, and gehmann produces some fine cloth for olympic shooters but there is hardly no information on the pistol. Aeron also looks quite promising...
So I would like to hear some opinions, do you think I should go for the FWB, or save some more mony and buy a PCP gun instead, would I be giving to much advantage on using a single stroke pneumatics over a pcp?.
Well thanks in advance for your time and help.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Did you check the price of an Steyr LP2? Just shot a brand new one and is great.

the price seems very close to your budget...
jipe

Post by jipe »

jacques b gros wrote:Did you check the price of an Steyr LP2? Just shot a brand new one and is great.

the price seems very close to your budget...
That's a very good advise ! The FWB P44 is a very good gun but as for almost all FWB products it is the most expensive in its category.

Also the former domination of FWB in AP is gone since a long time, Steyr is the most used AP followed by Morini... and you can also buy a Morini CM162MI (mechanical trigger) for your budget.

I definitely wouldn't go for an Aeron or a Gehmann.
AlexE

Re: What should I buy? Try these

Post by AlexE »

Nicolas26 wrote:Hello folks, Ive been Reading the forums for quite a long time, but now I have a question and I do not know what to do, so I decided to register and ask for your help. Here is the thing, I used to shoot Air pistol 10m a long time ago with a Izzy 46, but sometime I decided to shoot rifle 10 mts (also air) so I sell the IZH and bought a FWB used air rifle. Now I think I wanna try again air pistol ( but without leaving air rifle), so Im looking for a good pistol to start training.
The thing is I want something a little better than the IZH, and since I have predilection for FWB, I thought of a FWB 103 air pistol (I can buy used but in excellent conditions at 600 euros aprox). Another option Is a new Afla proj CO2 pistol that I could get at about 400 euros, but it is co2, and that has some downside. But I do not know if I shouldn't be looking for a PCP one instead. Since my budget is tight I can't afford a new FWB PCP, so I could possible buy some one of these, if I save some money: TAU Brno 8 MATCH (800 euros), AERON CZ B 101 Spider (700 euros), GEHMANN G 100 (800euros). Since I already have a manual pcp pump (because I own other airguns), Its posible for me to go to a pcp pistol, but as I said, im tight on budghet right now.
I know FWB is state of the art on airguns, and gehmann produces some fine cloth for olympic shooters but there is hardly no information on the pistol. Aeron also looks quite promising...
So I would like to hear some opinions, do you think I should go for the FWB, or save some more mony and buy a PCP gun instead, would I be giving to much advantage on using a single stroke pneumatics over a pcp?.
Well thanks in advance for your time and help.
Aside from the usual Steyr and Morini PCP match pistols, we also see a sprinkling of Pardini K10 APs in our local shooting range, in the Philippines. Of late I have noticed the appearance of some MatchGuns MG1 pistols. In fact some of the participants using this AP have started to win the air pistol events.

You could look into these two brands. MatchGuns is made by Cesare Morini of the Morini fame ...
Rover

Post by Rover »

Keep in mind that with the gas guns you need to buy a bunch of expensive accessories. Add that to the price when considering a purchase, plus the cost/hassle of getting air/CO2

Myself and a couple of other AA class shooters at my club are using Pardini K58s with great satisfaction in spite of the fact that we all have gas/air guns. There seems to be no difference in our scores from one gun to another.

I recommend the FWB 103 to you, at the price you quoted.
Nicolas26

Post by Nicolas26 »

Thanks for your help, looking a little deeper I did find some info on the gehmann pistol, apparently its a SAM airguns re branded as gehmann and with some add ons like a manometer on the tube.-Anyway I have been looking a little longer and I found a Tesro PA10 II clasic for 1000 euros aprox, and as I see its almost the same price as for the steyr lp2. Between those two which one would you buy?.
Thanks again for your time and help
Nicolas
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

which do you prefer, blond or brunnete? It's a question of taste and, mainly, of trying.

Off hand, Steyr probably has better support.