Does your pistol have a name?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Just to keep the girls on my side, i have great admiration for the female shooters because they can compete on equal terms with the guys and often beat us. My hero is Sonja Pfeilschifter who is a lefty like me and also like me is a wee bit older than a teen.
I only shoot 10m Air Rifle now because its a great challenge but i have no name for my gun, well i do but they are unmentionable on the forum when it all goes wrong. I've called myself and the gun every name known to man and some. On a more serious note, shooting psychologists are now saying that a shooter can have a love/hate relationship with their gun.
Some love it more than hate it and it varies depending on how good or bad you shoot. It often explains why so many shooters trade the gun only to find they are just as bad or good with the new one.

Peeps
LeLongCarabine

Post by LeLongCarabine »

you creeper peeps i bet you were a teachers pet at school lol
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Not really, i was at school in the days when the teacher could slap you around for being a jerk and i was often slapped.

Peeps
LeLongCarabine

Post by LeLongCarabine »

you didnt get the board rubber throw at you then that savage bit of wood with felt on it .i soon learnt that it hurt if you didnt duck fast enough and boy was i happy when they invented biro's those dippy ink pens were a pain
but atleast when i got home i could go shooting i would go out for hours with my trusty bsa meteor the tide would bring in all the bottles and i would throw them back into the river and shoot them on the move great time were had and i was only eight years old
say that now and the swat team would be round like lightning and could you trust a child that young to wander off i used to go for miles and i never destroyed anything or shot at something that i shouldnt not like the youth of today (minority youth not all are bad ) seems im waffleing this is meant to be a shooting forum
sorry
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Back to names, i had a Steyr LG-100 which had distinctive black and yellow laminate grip, cheek piece and fore end, so i called it the 'Wasp'

It was a steel rule across the palm of your hand in my day, but when i got
home i was out shooting my BSA Cadet Major and later a BSA Air Sporter Mk 1.

Peeps
LeLongCarabine

Post by LeLongCarabine »

the cadet major was my second gun then like you i got an all singing airsporter that was one hot gun and now i wouldnt thank you for one i had a scope on top and that made it look even better, i believe back in the early 70's i had the first scope enhancer and sun shade they were made from a gland shroud they were a soft plastic i got when i worked on the power station they were in different sizes and one fit perfectly when it was droppped in boiling water to soften it i just flattened it and cut a shape bit like the modern enhancers the sun shade was the same shape,
the kick off the airsporter was awsome a but like the modern 22 but i could hit everything i aimed at with it

LeLong
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

I know this is off topic, but my old Air Sporter had the leather piston washer and was way above the 12 Ft Lb limit and yes it kicked like a mule.

One old trick was to open the breech tap, put a pellet in and then a tiny drop of model air plane diesel fuel which is ether based in the hollow of the pellet. Close the tap and fire. You would get a flash from the muzzle with lots of smoke and the the velocity was about the same as a .22 rim fire. Ether detonates under compression. Highly illegal then and now but it was fun.

Peeps

Post by Guest »

My silver LP10 named "laura"
Rover

Post by Rover »

Mine is constantly referred to as that "F'ing piece of shit!". Usually right after an alibi string.
bobtodrick

Post by bobtodrick »

Well, sometimes when I'm having an off day I call my AP 'you sonofabitch'.
Does that count?