covering electronic system with a towel

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
herman

covering electronic system with a towel

Post by herman »

Yesterday i shot the dutch championship free pistol.
after my test shots (45 pieces) i covered the monitor so i could not see the hits only the time left.

a official of the KNSA (royal dutch shooting union) told me this was not allowed but i can not find a reason why not.
does someone now why this is not allowed

Brgds
Herman
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

ISSF rule 6.11.1.2.1
It is not permitted to obscure the shooter’s monitor-screen or any part of the screen. The whole screen must be visible to the Jury and range personnel.
herman

Post by herman »

this is indeed logical to me, but there was a monitor above my head that coulb be monitored by the jury of offcials.
i only coverd the monitor at the shooting point so it would not distract me

so every body could still see my hit/score on the monitor above my head

Brgds
Herman
Quest1

Rules

Post by Quest1 »

You would be violating ISSF Rule 6.11.1.2.1. I have been judging competitions for almost 6 years and it would be nice if competitors would read the rules to get at least a general knowledge of the rules. If they did it could save the competitor from losing points or at the very least getting a visit from one of the judges or range officials, which could disturb your mental focus.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

herman wrote:this is indeed logical to me, but there was a monitor above my head that coulb be monitored by the jury of offcials.
i only coverd the monitor at the shooting point so it would not distract me
so every body could still see my hit/score on the monitor above my head
The rule says "...the shooter's monitor screen...". That's the one at the firing point.
Spencer

Re: covering electronic system with a towel

Post by Spencer »

herman wrote:does someone (k)now why this is not allowed
there is a lot of information on the monitor screen apart from the shot value and location:
- sighters or competition
- the event/stage
- 'STOP' (for a number of circumstances)
- etc.

most of these are of no importance to the shooter (providing things are running smoothly) but of some imortance to the officials and technicians

there is only a requirement that the monitor the whole screen must be visible to the Jury and range personnel, allowing the shooter to turn the monitor so that he can not clearly see the screen but it is clearly visible to the officials

Spencer
j-team

Post by j-team »

Then I can assume that it's OK for the shooter to turn the monitor away enough to obsure his/her own veiw but where it's still visible to jury, range staff spectators etc.?

I have done this and no-one complained (and you were most likely on the range at the time Spencer).

Post by Guest »

j-team wrote:Then I can assume that it's OK for the shooter to turn the monitor away enough to obsure his/her own veiw but where it's still visible to jury, range staff spectators etc.?

I have done this and no-one complained (and you were most likely on the range at the time Spencer).
Your correct the rule only says it has to visible to the range staff & spectators. It doesn't say it has to be visible to the shooter.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

j-team wrote:Then I can assume that it's OK for the shooter to turn the monitor away enough to obsure his/her own veiw but where it's still visible to jury, range staff spectators etc.?
That's perfectly acceptable.