Scope Stand

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bullseye2620

Scope Stand

Post by Bullseye2620 »

How many of you use a scope stand and a rifle rest for standing? If so what scope stand do you use?

CFS
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

I do. I use the freeland scope stand. Nothing special but it works. Standing it is a bit wobbly. Prone it works really well!
Last edited by Jordan F. on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I bought a used Freeland scope stand. It came with a homemade rest. It is simply a block of wood with leather glued in place. It is mounted on a threaded rod that matches the scope stand. I made an aluminum plate with velcro to hold my pellets. The pellet holder goes on where the scope stand rods are threaded together. The scope goes on the stand as well. It's not as fancy as having a separate stand to rest the rifle and another one for the scope, but I like the KISS idea. As long as I don't bang into the stand it works well.
wrc

Post by wrc »

Good old fashioned Freeland's stand (also bought used) , with a hefty weight on the bottom, for the scope, and a tripod for the offhand stand.
I like the original Freeland stand because the legs don't get in your way as much as the bigger ones on certain newer stands. (bad enough fitting a scope stand AND my tripod into one of those shooting lanes meant for pistol!).
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Many people like the "Big Blue" from Creedmoor.

http://tinyurl.com/cxt2oq
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

I avoid the three legged stands. Yes, they're more stable upright, but I've never knocked a weighted two-legger over either. Many of the outdoor ranges I've shot at have a drop-off in front of the firing line that makes them very difficult to place. Indoors they always seem to protrude into neighboring lanes. I like the newer aluminum models with the longer legs better than the old Freeland ones.
GeorgeH

Ray-Vin Scope Stands

Post by GeorgeH »

Between my son and myself, we own 4 scope stands. One Freeland tripod, two Ray-Vin FStands, and one Ray-Vin bench rest stand. In my opinion, the Ray-Vin scope stands are by far, the finest on the planet. They are expensive but worth every penny.

Re: Ray-Vin Scope Stands

Post by Guest »

GeorgeH wrote:In my opinion, the Ray-Vin scope stands are by far, the finest on the planet. They are expensive but worth every penny.
What he said