Compensator for FWB Model 2.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Lamap

Compensator for FWB Model 2.

Post by Lamap »

Hello Forum,

I have a FWB Model 2, that I love, but would like to reduce the "muzle flip", higher in this pistol than on my other (styer lp1). I was tempted to try a compensator.

Any recomendations? Are any available in the market that would fit the Model 2?

I red somewhere about home made compensator. Any tested design I could try?

Other possibility: to reduce pellet speed. Any opinions what should be the aproximate speed in order to reduce muzle flip and maintain consistent groups?

Thank you for any help.

Best regards,

Luis Pacheco
Portugal
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

1/ Is the muzzle flip a problem?
2/ CO2 pistols invariably need 390+ fps (120+mps) for consistent accuracy

Spencer
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

A lot of people here in the states used the late Don Nygord's Turbo Comp on their CO2 guns. I have no personal experience with this device, so I can not speak to it's efficacy.

And, as Spencer noted, you will be limited on how slow you can adjust the velocity. I shot a C-20, and it like 505-510fps. I eventually put a FWB separator on it, but I couldn't observe any significant difference in shot characteristics.

toznerd
lamap

Thank you for information

Post by lamap »

Thank you for the information.

I also had a FWB C20, with separator and ported barrel. This was a great pistol, completly still when firing. Was foollish to sell it.

I find the "muzle flip" disturbing when trying to followthrough. I like eveything else on the Model 2, so I will try to reduce pellet speed a little to about 130m/s to see if it helps.

Best regards

Luis Pacheco
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

My model 2 was set at about 460 feet per second but i found when shootoing in the heat it was loosing both velocity and accuracy i have been doing some bench testing and found it to be best at about 560. my mothers model 2 is also set at this speed and it was a test model for FWB when they were released in Aus. I also found a a difference of about 8 feet per second in the bench rest without my muzzle break on and when i put it back on it reduced it to an average of about 1.5 feet per second and a maimum of 3
mister G

Post by mister G »

I also bought a Nygord compensator, but for my Steyr. Reduction in muzzle flip was noticeable. I recommend it.
DELETERMAN

COMPENSATOR

Post by DELETERMAN »

Hi all, now that Don is gone where can I get one for a FWB MOD 2 ? CO2
j-team

Post by j-team »

You can fit a factory FWB C20/C25 comp on you Model 2 (if you can find one) you will just need a small flat machined (or filed of you can file straight) on the top of the barrel for the locking screw.

I also agree with th other comments that the Nygord "turbocomp" works well if you can find one.
deliterman

compensators

Post by deliterman »

That's the $64 question,I just can't believe that no one is making them. if i knew the size and so one i would try it my self.any thoughts on this?
deliterman

compensators

Post by deliterman »

Hi all, does anyone out there have a photo of a turbo comp? that would be cool. thanks.
deliterman

turbo compensators

Post by deliterman »

looks like we ran in to a brick well on this huh? any ideas on this ? anyone just jump in! thanks
David Levene

Re: turbo compensators

Post by David Levene »

deliterman wrote:looks like we ran in to a brick well on this huh? any ideas on this ? anyone just jump in! thanks
You might want to wait a bit longer than just a few hours for an answer ;-)
David Levene

Re: compensators

Post by David Levene »

deliterman wrote:Hi all, does anyone out there have a photo of a turbo comp? that would be cool. thanks.
You could try asking the webmaster of this site. He might have a better resulution picture of the Model 2 with a TurboComp featured on the page.
deliterman

turbo comp

Post by deliterman »

Hi that a good reply, thanks I went to that site -good photo , is that the one that has 3 weiths on the front sight? again thanks. the last one that i looked at was just plane and not black, and just had holes in the top. good going - this is a great forum.
ronpistolero

compensator

Post by ronpistolero »

In the early 1990's, I had a friend who had a Nygord Turbo Comp attached to his FWB C-10. I have tried it and my comment is that it is quite heavy (am guessing that it was at least 50 grams) and I really think it did not function as well. It made the gun nose heavy and was, in itself, the reason that dampened most of the flip, IMHO. Having a machine shop business, I made one for my C-20 made of Aluminum T6 with a built-in front sight. It was pretty much of a conventional design, nothing fancy, and weighed about 12 grams. To me, with its variable port size (I was able to move it closer or farther from the bore, consequently changing the size of the port's opening, while grouping it using a vise), I achieved the same effect minus the "nose heaviness" of the original comp. This is not to disrespect Mr. Nygord's design as I have always held him with highest esteem.

I sold my gun and if I could find a way to have a picture taken, I will send it for you to consider so that you may have it machined in your area. In the Philippines, it cost me under US40. In another thread, I posted some pictures of the plastic and sluminum comp I had done for my Hammerli 107 and the Hammerli 150. If you want to see the idea, you may check it out here:

viewtopic.php?t=19960&highlight=compensator

Regards and good luck

Ron
superstring

Re: compensators

Post by superstring »

deliterman wrote:Hi all, does anyone out there have a photo of a turbo comp? that would be cool. thanks.
With thanks to "toughmandave" :)
Attachments
Pardini with Nygord Comp.jpg
deliterman

compensators

Post by deliterman »

Hi all, nice pix's , looks like different idea's on the size of the holes or in some just a cut away part on top of the compensator, nice job. it looks to me that the cut away on the top is the most advanced -any more thoughts on this? i see that this is used on air as well as rf guns.