best method for locking wrist during rfp

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shooter0676

best method for locking wrist during rfp

Post by shooter0676 »

I would be very grateful if anyone can explain to me some of the methods used to lock the wrist during rfp
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Seriously, be careful how much you tension the forearm muscles, as that action also tensions the muscles that control trigger finger movement...and you don't want a slow acting index finger in the 4 second series.
Last edited by deadeyedick on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2650 Plus

Locking the wrist ?

Post by 2650 Plus »

Possibly having the wrist joint fused, other than that extreme, the best I've ever come to the ideal was just stiffening the fore arm muscles to try to lessen the flexibility in the ball bearing joint that is the wrist. This was done by pressing the muzzel of the pistol down against the firing bench and feeling the muscles I needed to hold the wrist still. I stiffened the muscles and got ready for the raise to the target aiming area. I was known for having a very limp wrist and was doing all I could to overcome the problem. I hope you will have sone success in meeting your goal. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Spencer

Re: Locking the wrist ?

Post by Spencer »

2650 Plus wrote:...This was done by pressing the muzzel of the pistol down against the firing bench...
6.2.2.4 While the shooter is on the firing point, the gun must always be pointed in a safe direction...
and
8.6.1.2 ...but must not be pointed at the ground within the forward edge of the firing point.
superstring

Re: best method for locking wrist during rfp

Post by superstring »

shooter0676 wrote:I would be very grateful if anyone can explain to me some of the methods used to lock the wrist during rfp
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is rfp?
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I am assuming we are talking about rapid fire pistol.
Bablo

Israeli style

Post by Bablo »

deadeyedick wrote:I am assuming we are talking about rapid fire pistol.
Jupp, think so.

I use the popular (in some isotheric groops) Israeli Special Forces pistol hold: Grap pistol, then tilt the gun 90 degrees clockwise (rh), counter-clockwise (lh).
But then, I am not an avid rf shootist.

Btw, one pistol in each hand looks magnificent....
jackh

Post by jackh »

Make sure you get your ring finger into the grip.
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

I recommend pressing the muzzel of the pistol against the shooting bench during practice until you develope a good consistant feel for the muscles that help to stabilize the wrist. rely on muscile feelings to use the same tensions in competition. Rifle shooters use a standing rest for their rifle to reduce the amount of weight they must hold during a 60 shot competition. This might also help to solve the rules issue raised by a previous poster.You would probably get more harrassment from the range officials than you would derive benefits but ' What the heck, I usually had more fun at a competition if I could pick on the range personell. Good Shooting Bill Horton