A PURPLE PARDINI k60 PISTOL - Check it out

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
toughmandave

A PURPLE PARDINI k60 PISTOL - Check it out

Post by toughmandave »

http://davevanderwall.smugmug.com/photo ... To5D-L.jpg

I didn't know how to put a photo up on the board so this is a quick link to my new Purple Pardini Pistol. I bought it used from gunbroker.com, picked up some new grips, added a new Ultra Dot - Match Dot red dot scope, a Nygord compensator and had all the aluminum parts anodized in purple. Finished it up last night and showed someone a picture and he said I should put it up on Target Talk. So I shot it (shot the picture) and here it is. dave
LeLongCarabine

mmmmm!!!!!!!!!

Post by LeLongCarabine »

i had to take a look at this out of curiosity with a name like yours (toughmandave) dont ya think the color is a bit girlie lol
and the red dot i presume is for a particular discipline but to me it makes it look a bit top heavy even in that color it would look better without it
just my opinion
toughmandave

Post by toughmandave »

That's funny! Nobody ever called me a sissy to my face and lived..... Really though, I am an ex-body builder as a hobby, now retired and live in a gated community with an extremely active senior 10 meter air shooting club. We have about 60 members over the age of 50 and our own private shooting range. The range can be used by residents free for life. Now for the scope. A few years ago the club started allowing non-magnified scopes due to some of the club members eyes were not quite as good as before. We also had to deal with members in wheel chairs and on oxygen. Not very many, but we wanted everyone here to enjoy the sport. As for me, I am 275 pounds, 63 years old and probably can out lift any of our 85,000 residents. I also shoot competitively in USPSA with a hot rod Glock. I have always wanted my toys to be different so I decided to trick out my Pardini. Many of the shooters here use Baikal IZH 46 M's. Some compressed air and of course CO2. A lot depends on age, strength, experience and desire. So as far as the weird looking Pardini being top heavy. Actually it's not bad as you might think, especially if your name is Toughmandave. I love your comment's though. dave
LeLongCarabine

Post by LeLongCarabine »

glad you like my comments
Lucciano (ex mafia hit man ) lol
K60in Australia

Post by K60in Australia »

Purple looks just fine to me pal.

What did you use to change the cylinder colour and I would dearly love to get hold of one of those Nygord comps. Any idea who stocks them still.

Pete
K60in Australia

Post by K60in Australia »

I should have read the original post more clearly, help with the comp would be approeciated still.

Regards

Pete

Post by Guest »

toughmandave wrote:That's funny! Nobody ever called me a sissy to my face and lived.....
http://www.sissify.com/
toughmandave

Post by toughmandave »

Hi Pete. Thanks for the compliment. I had all the aluminum parts anodized purple. I used anodizing because it colorizes the aluminum in a very fine coating. The cylinder had to be taken apart and still utilize the fine threads inside. The scope mount is a B-Square #17900 aluminum mount for a Baikal IZH 46M that is reamed out to fit the Pardini. The Nygord's are practically impossible to find. I haven't seen any for sale individually, but I did see one for sale that went with a gun a while back. That's going to be tough to find. Have a great week. dave
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Just for the record Dave, I think it looks great as well. I have an Anschutz /SAM M5 which is a similar colour, and it also attracts a lot of attention. I think a little personalisation in the colour department is a break from the drab colours most factories churn out.
toughmandave

Post by toughmandave »

Thanks. Would I ever love to have a Anschutz. I have collected 3 Baikals now besides the Pardini. I need to sell all the Baikals and buy another fine pistol. Baikal 46M is very common around here, primarily because they are inexpensive, but they shoot great and have some nice features. It appears, however, that the supply has run dry of new ones in the U S. Every dealer they are on backorder and they keep moving the backorder date farther and farther out. Anschutz pistols are beautiful. None of our club members have one. I am always looking for a deal on a .177 CO2 or a pump for the "exotic" as I call them. I love conversation pieces. Now I just have to get my scores up. And hello from the U.S. dave
Misny

Post by Misny »

Well Dave, you won't have any problems with someone picking up your Pardini by mistake! Actually, that is a pretty good idea for identifying a gun. Purple isn't my color, but whatever turns you on. Was this an expensive process?
toughmandave

Post by toughmandave »

Misny. The most difficult part was stripping the gun down but I wanted to re-seal the entire gun anyway so even though it was not leaking, I had to take it apart and re-seal it. I did some research for Florida anodizers, but most were very expensive because the parts were a "minimum" run, plus stripping which came to about $250.00 and the turnaround time was about 30 - 60 days. Then I found a company called Florida Anodizing & Coloring, Inc., in Bradenton, FL (941) 758-3355. They have black, gold, red, blue, green, purple and gray both in bright dip and flat. The gun was done in bright dip, sort of a semi-gloss finish. Turnaround time was two (2-3) days! Very nice people to deal with and the owner does not like to get behind in work. Total cost was only $125.00 plus shipping. No charge cards, just COD. I sent the parts in on a Friday and got them back the next Thursday. On their website are all the colors. Gold was nice too. It was a tough choice but I was shooting for something wild that people would say "what is that"! Well, you have a terrific Sunday and this coming week. thanks for your comment. Here is their website so you can see the colors: www.anodizingassociates.com dave