Differences between FWB Models 65, 80, 90, and 100

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TomJ

Differences between FWB Models 65, 80, 90, and 100

Post by TomJ »

And yet another new guy question. What are the differences between the FWB models 65, 80, 90, and 100? I will be using the gun for informal practice, i.e., shooting in my basement. Which model(s) have the best trigger, offer the best value, more accurate, etc. Where should I look or who should I contact to purchase one? Thanks in advance for your help.
Tom
Rover

Post by Rover »

The first three are recoilless spring piston powered models. They are pretty much the same except that the M90 has an electric trigger that is very nice but historically somewhat unreliable.

I've owned all three and would probably take a later model 65 because they are fairly common and probably cheapest.

The model 100 is a single stroke pneumatic. It would be my personal choice since it has a more "modern" design and is more easily rebuilt. It would probably cost more than the above and might be hard to find.

There is a model 102 (upgraded 100) for sale right now in the classifieds and you always see the 65's there, too.
Rover

Post by Rover »

PS

I think your choices are good. For your purposes, don't bother with the gas/air powered guns. They would cost more due to the added accessories and tank fills.

Personally, I would look for a used Pardini K58 (a SSP). It has a superb trigger and is still manufactured. All you need with it is a tin of pellets.

For the cheapest gun, look at the IZH46M, another SSP.
Peter Skov

Post by Peter Skov »

The P80 has a paralle trigger movement, I have been using one for about 4 years, and it works fine, but I would go for a FWB65 if I had the choise.
It has a differenet trigger, the P90, whit its old elektronic trigger uses a odd battery, it is also used in some old cameras, and has a voltage of either 22,5V or 18v, or 15V, I can't remember it right now. But it is hard to get, at least in Denmark, and expencive.
Cheers

Peter