Toz 35 Modifications

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Post by Guest »

It looks really cool but i decided not to get it because of the weight. the new compensator already adds around 100 grams

Muffo
nvalcik

RE: Toz 35 Modifications

Post by nvalcik »

The aluminum forend basically gives the user the ability to add weights to balance the pistol to their liking and it does feel a tad lighter than the wood forend that is on the TOZ. If I end up getting the comp from Eurosport I am probably going to have a barrel made that is lighter and shorter to adjust for the length of the compensator since I like the existing sight radius. A friend of mine (who visits this forum) also notched out a wider back sight opening and made a extra wide front sight which I have found to be very advantageous in the last match that I shot. With a new barrel and compensator I may want to add weight somewhere in the forend which the new forend would allow me to do. I thought it made the pistol look more modern as well, but that had nothing to do with my decision to buy one and try it.
nvalcik

RE: TOZ 35 Modifications

Post by nvalcik »

I am still working on getting photos taken of my TOZ 35. I am probably going to have to email them to someone that can post them to this thread since I think the photos will be too large too post and I have no way to reduce them. It will probably be next week before I can take photos of the TOZ.
Fred Mannis

Re: RE: TOZ 35 Modifications

Post by Fred Mannis »

nvalcik wrote:I am still working on getting photos taken of my TOZ 35. I am probably going to have to email them to someone that can post them to this thread since I think the photos will be too large too post and I have no way to reduce them. It will probably be next week before I can take photos of the TOZ.
Open your photos in a photo editor program. Then resave them as jpeg files. Most photo editors will allow you to adjust the size of jpeg file.
nvalcik

RE: TOZ 35 Modifications

Post by nvalcik »

I tried that already with some other photos and it was a no go. I have a really old machine. I am lucky that I can even get on the web period.
jipe

Re: RE: TOZ 35 Modifications

Post by jipe »

nvalcik wrote:I tried that already with some other photos and it was a no go. I have a really old machine. I am lucky that I can even get on the web period.
Try this editor: http://www.irfanview.net/ It is free and works pretty well. It is also not an "heavy" application (like the Adobe stuff) and should run on an old machine.
jsealc21

toz mods continued

Post by jsealc21 »

I have now added a fitting to index the top lever operation,for both the closed and locked position,and loading. There are two small detent grooves ground and polished into the radiused stub of the original lever,that take the springloaded ball of the threaded fitting.Works slick.... thanks to J-team for his pics and ideas
Attachments
open at loading position
open at loading position
toz3 001.jpg (44.7 KiB) Viewed 15033 times
fitting with attaching screw
fitting with attaching screw
toz3 003.jpg (45.71 KiB) Viewed 15033 times
closed and locked
closed and locked
toz3 002.jpg (50.89 KiB) Viewed 15033 times
sha3banov

Post by sha3banov »

that is the first post to me so i have many questions to all of you.
in my TOZ-35 with Morini grip ....how can i remove the front site to use the new Compensator (circle 1) & what i can do with the adjustable part ( circle 2 ) couse the wight of front it will be different ??? bigger than a hole in the adjustable part ( circle 2 ).... any suggest ?!!!

[/img]
Attachments
the new Compensator.
the new Compensator.
toz-35
toz-35
Chris

Post by Chris »

Lucky for you that is a Toz35m. If you remove the front sight blade there is a screw underneath it. Remove the screw and that front site housing will slide off.

If you have some spare rear sight blades you can use a wider one....or you can make a new one. should only need some flat stock...drill and tap 2 holes and then cut your self a notch as wide as you want. You could also modify the one one you have and make it wider.
imbecile

Post by imbecile »

Chris wrote: If you remove the front sight blade there is a screw underneath it. Remove the screw and that front site housing will slide off.
Pretty sure that there is only one small screw holding front sight blade. Front sight housing sticks very tightly and I suspect that it's put by warming up the housing ring prior to putting onto barrel.
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

imbecile wrote:
Chris wrote: If you remove the front sight blade there is a screw underneath it. Remove the screw and that front site housing will slide off.
Pretty sure that there is only one small screw holding front sight blade. Front sight housing sticks very tightly and I suspect that it's put by warming up the housing ring prior to putting onto barrel.
" chris" is correct..there is a small vertically oriented screw underneath the removeable front sight blade.
imbecile

Post by imbecile »

So there is difference in front sight compartment between Toz35 and Toz35M. Thanks, I didn't know this.
sha3banov

Post by sha3banov »

jsealc21 wrote:
imbecile wrote:
" chris" is correct..there is a small vertically oriented screw underneath the removeable front sight blade.
i have with me friend a Compensator for morini (the original one ) can i use it in my pistol....
Attachments
toz-35
toz-35
123.jpg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 14712 times
j-team

Post by j-team »

Take the frontsight blade off and look down the hole.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

With the 35 I simply cut the pront sight off and filed it down, it worked perfectly. It left me with the round band at the front and a groove behind it just the right size to hold the grub screw so the sight is upright
Chris

Post by Chris »

imbecile

Post by imbecile »

[/quote]

i have with me friend a Compensator for morini (the original one ) can i use it in my pistol....[/quote]

Yes you can, but don't forget to apply adapter
http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/foto2.php ... ompensator
because TOZ 35 has higher sighting line from barrel axis comparing to CM84E.
muffo as guest

Post by muffo as guest »

where do you get it and whats it worth. I am probably just going to weld a plate behind the sight but this is worth looking at
imbecile

Post by imbecile »

muffo as guest wrote:where do you get it and whats it worth. I am probably just going to weld a plate behind the sight but this is worth looking at
http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index.php ... etail=1230

Front sight blade adapter for TOZ apparently goes only WITH compensator....
But at my opinion if one try to make it by his own... How worth is work? You do not know the actual size of this adapter....
sha3banov

Post by sha3banov »

imbecile wrote:
i have with me friend a Compensator for morini (the original one ) can i use it in my pistol....[/quote]

Yes you can, but don't forget to apply adapter
http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/foto2.php ... ompensator
because TOZ 35 has higher sighting line from barrel axis comparing to CM84E.[/quote]

woow it is like a weapon from other planet :)

ican made it but i want to know the adapter dimension by cm.
Attachments
3268.jpg
3268.jpg (23.69 KiB) Viewed 14593 times
ROK~20080508173357.jpg
ROK~20080508173357.jpg (33.29 KiB) Viewed 14617 times