TOZ parts

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

TOZ parts

Post by Rover »

TOZ free pistol parts. Who's got 'em?
Guest Twenty

TOZ

Post by Guest Twenty »

The shooters that have them are those who know how to make them!
dlb

Post by dlb »

Pilkington's probably has some parts - and Larry Carter has parts (i.e. Larry's Guns).
shadow

TOZ

Post by shadow »

About 18 months ago I bought 2 TOZ 35 (not 35M) from MGS. I bought one that "functioned" and one that did not function. I wanted to learn about the intricacies of the TOZ. I bought 2 parts for the non functioning gun at $40.00 each. They ARE scarce. I believe that Larry Carter bought Don Nygord's parts. There is no doubt that the functioning gun was the better bargain of the two.

Susan
jipe

Post by jipe »

It is really strange that spare parts are so scarce for a pistol that is so widely used (the second most used free pistol with the CM84E) ?

Where do the top shooters who use this pistol get their spare parts ?

I cannot imagine that people shooting at Olympic Games, World Champ and World Cup cannot get easily spare parts for their pistol, at least spare firing pin and firing pin spring !
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

jipe wrote:It is really strange that spare parts are so scarce for a pistol that is so widely used (the second most used free pistol with the CM84E) ?

Where do the top shooters who use this pistol get their spare parts ?

I cannot imagine that people shooting at Olympic Games, World Champ and World Cup cannot get easily spare parts for their pistol, at least spare firing pin and firing pin spring !
It went out of production circa 1996. There's not a lot to break on a TOZ, but if something does fail, you could be up the creek.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Contacted Pilk and Carter.

Neither had the part I needed, but Carter said he was receiving more parts next month.

I think I'll go with "Guest 20" and see if I can make it. Thank Bacchus for Dremel tools!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rover wrote:Thank Bacchus for Dremel tools!
I frequently give thanks to Bacchus, but never for tools ;-)
shadow

Post by shadow »

What part do you need? Some folks have come up with innovative ways to make parts.