Pardini SP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jsealc21

Pardini SP

Post by jsealc21 »

I have the opportunity to purchase a Pardini SP. It's a 1995 model , bought new from Don Nygord.and in mint condition. There have been a number of model changes since then . Is there anything I should look out for , pertinent to this vintage ? Thankyou in advance for any responses. As an aside , I have an IZH-35 , and a Sig- Hammerli Trailside competition that I would probably sell . Is this a wise decision ,considering the mechanics of the different models , etc ? Once again ,thankyou for any help.
6string

Post by 6string »

Yes! These are very nice. I think you'll enjoy it. Great ergonomics (at least for me!), great trigger, robust design, and very accurate. Most of the changes have just been cosmetic so you'll have little trouble with parts, in the unlikely case you'll need anything outside of an occasional new recoil spring.
Enjoy!
Jim
DaFont

Older Pardini's

Post by DaFont »

I also have an older Pardini SP. There just great guns! I was shooting a much newer Benelli 90S, it's now my back up to the Old Pardini.
DAF
UApistol

Post by UApistol »

Definately go with the Pardini. I have one that I love.

Let me know if you want to sell your other 22's I know someone who is looking to buy something in the izh/trailside price range.
K38

Pardini SP

Post by K38 »

My SP is one of the early ones from Don. I really like it very much. It does have a taste for RWS ammo.

Dwight
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

thankyou all for your responses..I am checking out the pistol on Sunday.
Lammy1000

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Lammy1000 »

jsealc21 wrote:I have the opportunity to purchase a Pardini SP. It's a 1995 model , bought new from Don Nygord.and in mint condition. There have been a number of model changes since then . Is there anything I should look out for , pertinent to this vintage ? Thankyou in advance for any responses. As an aside , I have an IZH-35 , and a Sig- Hammerli Trailside competition that I would probably sell . Is this a wise decision ,considering the mechanics of the different models , etc ? Once again ,thankyou for any help.
Would care to comment / compare the shooting characteristics of the IZH-35 and Trailside? I own an IZH-35 and am considering the Trailside. Thanks
Lammy1000

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Lammy1000 »

Lammy1000 wrote:
jsealc21 wrote:I have the opportunity to purchase a Pardini SP. It's a 1995 model , bought new from Don Nygord.and in mint condition. There have been a number of model changes since then . Is there anything I should look out for , pertinent to this vintage ? Thankyou in advance for any responses. As an aside , I have an IZH-35 , and a Sig- Hammerli Trailside competition that I would probably sell . Is this a wise decision ,considering the mechanics of the different models , etc ? Once again ,thankyou for any help.
Would you care to comment / compare the shooting characteristics of the IZH-35 and Trailside? I own an IZH-35 and am considering the Trailside. Thanks
K38

SP/IZH

Post by K38 »

I like the balance of the SP better with or with out a dot sight. I own one of each pistol and they both have good grips on them (Morini for the IZH) The trigger on the SP is more to my liking as well. If you end or may need to mount a dot sight I think the SP is a better idea, There is also more service available for the SP.

Dwight
dam8

Post by dam8 »

To compare the 35m and the trailside, I personally like the 35m for trigger and low bore axis. I own the 35m. My brother has a sig trailside that has the larrysguns tune up. So this is with personal experience. fwiw, my brother I think favors the trailside!
Like everyone says, try it for yourself.
jsealc21

comparison

Post by jsealc21 »

I think the biggest difference is the difference in recoil/muzzle lift.The IZH is markedly less. That being said,whether it's "better"or not is a matter of preference. The other factor is grip angle,which can be varied somewhat by grip modification or change ,obviously.Trigger is way more adjustable on the IZH,but I like the sight picture on the trailside . As mentioned in a previous post,try before you buy if at all possible.Note also that my trailside mags came without the vertical slot cut in the front lip , so there was often an issue with the last round getting smushed against the breechface. Also ,I am not the most experienced shooter,so a grain or two of salt is advised ....