Seeking an outward scoring gauge for air pistol targets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sciguy191

Seeking an outward scoring gauge for air pistol targets

Post by sciguy191 »

After seeing how significantly an outward gauge reduces the "guess work"
in scoring 10 meter air pistol targets, it seems time to obtain one of these little gems.
The problem is that it appears that RIG no longer makes them and no other resonably priced
gauges pop despite my best Googling efforts.

Do any of you folks know of a source available to US shooters?

Thanks for any informed replies,

Hugh
Spencer

Re: Seeking an outward scoring gauge for air pistol targets

Post by Spencer »

sciguy191 wrote:...Do any of you folks know of a source available to US shooters?
surprised that neither USA Shooting or NRA seem to have these listed in their websites.
Try https://www.issf-sports.org/issfshop/?v ... age=gauges
Spencer
sciguy191

Re: Seeking an outward scoring gauge for air pistol targets

Post by sciguy191 »

Spencer wrote:
sciguy191 wrote:...Do any of you folks know of a source available to US shooters?
surprised that neither USA Shooting or NRA seem to have these listed in their websites.
Try https://www.issf-sports.org/issfshop/?v ... age=gauges
Spencer
Spencer thanks so much for the quick reply!

It does seem pretty amazing that neither one lists the appropriate tools of the trade. NRA does show gauges for BB guns, 22, etc. Both USA Shooting and the NRA have a nice selection of glitzy higher profit items;)

The ISSF guage is rather different looking than the gauges I have seen. At 13 Euros it may be my best bet.

Hugh
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Neal Johnson has them, I suspect Neal Stepp at ISS does as well. Champion's Choice has them too, $6.50 w/o magnifier.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

On a similar theme, has anybody found an outward scoring gauge for pistol inner tens (Rule 6.3.2.8.4.2).

It would be nice to have one in my kit even though we tend to do all of our AP on electronics.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:On a similar theme, has anybody found an outward scoring gauge for pistol inner tens (Rule 6.3.2.8.4.2).

It would be nice to have one in my kit even though we tend to do all of our AP on electronics.
nah-nah==nah=nah-nah!
pays to have a mate with a lathe
Spencer
sciguy191

Post by sciguy191 »

Gwhite wrote:Neal Johnson has them, I suspect Neal Stepp at ISS does as well. Champion's Choice has them too, $6.50 w/o magnifier.
Champion's Choice is a winner for me....must have misssed them in my search effort. I need some other items they carry too.

Thanks for locating a more local offering.

Hugh
Last edited by sciguy191 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Spencer wrote:nah-nah==nah=nah-nah!
pays to have a mate with a lathe
The silly thing is that I am putting out turning work to a machine shop every day. I have just never got round to doing it.
Aussie Shooter

Post by Aussie Shooter »

Spencer, your mate with a lathe could make a fortune turning them out! Are you going to make them available through PA?

Pete
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Aussie Shooter wrote:Spencer, your mate with a lathe could make a fortune turning them out! Are you going to make them available through PA?

Pete
It's always more complicated than it first appears (ain't it always the way?):
- manufacture is the comparatively easy bit...
- the old wooden-boxed sets the NRC 'endorsed' were individually measured and certified by a qualified engineer (dimensions, concentricity, etc.)
- protective packaging/storage (more important than many realise)
- the old wooden boxed gauges were also colour anodised. Made detection of any wear or damage easily detected.

However, the project progresses.

Spencer