AirForce Edge Sporter

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

AirForce Edge Sporter

Post by jhmartin »

Just got an email from AirForce with the brochure and pricelist for the new Edge Sporter.

MSRP is $599.95 w/sights ..... 465.95 w/o sights.

Rear sight is $129.95 and front is $39.95 otr both for $159.95
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

i am pretty sure that the junior club price will be 450 with sights, less without
Guest1

Sporter

Post by Guest1 »

I hope so Scott , otherwise there is very little chance the rifle will be approved by the airgun counsel at the MSR price.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

this guns has already been approved by the 3P Council as long as the club price does not exceed 450. John was hoping to keep the price even lower, so that more clubs could afford them thus my uncertainty.
brandon maloy

Post by brandon maloy »

i was just wondering if the edge was CO2
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

It is compressed air
brandon maloy

release date

Post by brandon maloy »

does anyone know what the release date for the gun will be. I am looking into getting one and wanted to know how long i have to save the money for it.
brandon maloy

release date

Post by brandon maloy »

does anyone know what the release date for the gun will be. I am looking into getting one and wanted to know how long i have to save the money for it.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Notices that the company sent out expected April 2008
SD

Post by SD »

Has anyone received one? Or know the expected availability date?
Quest1

Edge Rifle Release

Post by Quest1 »

The Airforce rep was at the NRA Jr Airgun Competition in Des Moines and he informed that they haven't decided to commit to producing the rifle yet. That is one the reasons they were at the competition to feel out if there a good enough reason to make the commitment.

If you look at there latest product brochures the shooter will have a choice of CO2, Compressed Air, & Nitrogen, which they call the "Tri-Power" capability. However, it is unclear if this applies to all there rifles.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Ya know .... that's the problem with some US manufacturers these days .... trying to do all and please all. Every little bit of "extra" costs money ... we don't need a p-gun from them .... just a sporter

Just get something (inexpensive) out there in the hands of the kids.

About the only thing we know does not work well in the sporter area are those tiny 12 gram CO2 cartridges in the Crossman. Daisy was planning on building & selling an adapter, but decided not to.
If Crosman could build an adapter or retrofit the 2000's for a Daisy CO2 cylinder, it would be a perfect rifle for my youngest & smallest shooters

Keep the cost low .... use the "normal" sporter sights and pick a driver system ... air or CO2 (don't care which).... choose & go
2650 Plus

Airforce sporter

Post by 2650 Plus »

I support JH post just above . KISS but shootable for the various sizes of our kids. A desent sling wouldn't be bad either. Hope for the future is the best going on right now. Good Shooting Bill Horton
SD

Post by SD »

You mean they got 3P council approval but aren't committed to production? Is the council into approving vaporware?

I will think long and hard now before I commit to buying one. Ever!
Guns

AirForce Edge

Post by Guns »

I am inclined to believe that AirForce may have an "IN" with the CMP. My order for the Edge has been repeatedly delayed and I have heard of no one who actually has this weapon in their inventory. What standard did the CMP use to determine that this weapon was appropriate for inclusion in the Sporter Class? Does anyone believe that someone at AirForce may have passed an envelope on to a member of the CMP counsel? This is either a sham or a poorly thoughtout advertizing gimic. My group uses the 853C and the 853CM. I want to upgrade. The Daisy 887 is my next-best option. Does anyone have a word - pro or con?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I shifted my response to the topic "AirForce Edge"
viewtopic.php?t=20499
mikeschroeder

Re: AirForce Edge

Post by mikeschroeder »

Guns wrote:I am inclined to believe that AirForce may have an "IN" with the CMP. My order for the Edge has been repeatedly delayed and I have heard of no one who actually has this weapon in their inventory. What standard did the CMP use to determine that this weapon was appropriate for inclusion in the Sporter Class? Does anyone believe that someone at AirForce may have passed an envelope on to a member of the CMP counsel? This is either a sham or a poorly thoughtout advertizing gimic. My group uses the 853C and the 853CM. I want to upgrade. The Daisy 887 is my next-best option. Does anyone have a word - pro or con?
Hi

Most of our shooters shoot the 888, but two have an 887. Same action and barrel, different stock. I know the 887's are good guns, I wouldn't wait on the other one.

Bird in hand and all that.

Mike
Wichita KS
wwiifirearms

AIRFORCE EDGE

Post by wwiifirearms »

If this does reach the market I'd like to see one. How would you use it in 3-position matches, it looks like off-hand only. I don't see anyway to use a sling. When I was at the Camp Perry CMP test match it sounded like they were going to allow slings in the sporter class
will4h

xsv40

Post by will4h »

I have a great little XSV40 on 95% min condition for sale if anyone is interested
GCSInc

Delivery Date?

Post by GCSInc »

Any news on when these will be released?

Roy McClain
(404) 227-2272