Question on adding sight riser block

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hon

Question on adding sight riser block

Post by Hon »

When I shoot without sight riser blocks, the vertical adjustment on the rear sight is about in the middle of the vertical adjustment range.

If I add about 22mm of riser block to the rear and front sight, should I add the same height to both rear and front sight to keep the rear sight adjustment in the middle? I found I need about 2mm lower on the rear sight riser block to keep the rear sight vertical adjustment range in the middle. Is it normal?
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

Yes that sounds pretty noraml. When i added sight riser blocks though I just added same on both front and bottom and then adjusted the sights. Still have plently of adjustment on both ends. I just shoot at 10m though so it may be nice to have the extra range of adjustments if you are shooting at longer distances
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

It depends on the sights you use. With my setup, I have 4mm more in the back than the front in order to keep my sights relatively in the middle. But on my smallbore gun, I have 4mm more on the front in prone since I use a different rear sight for each position. Then in kneeling and standing I have 4mm more again on the back.