FAS M604 AP leaks

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IrisM

FAS M604 AP leaks

Post by IrisM »

Hello All.

My FAS 604 Air Pistol no longer holds air when I close the barrel. I have replaced the two valve seals as well as the two cylinder seals, but the leak continues. Do any of you have any experience with this problem and have any suggestion for what else to check?
Thanks for the help!

vr,
"IrisM"
brizeer@hotmail.com
David Levene

Re: FAS M604 AP leaks

Post by David Levene »

IrisM wrote:I have replaced the two valve seals as well as the two cylinder seals, but the leak continues.
There should be 3 valve seals from memory; 2 external ones that you can see, 1 internal that you have to look for.
mister G

Post by mister G »

Here's a factory schematic. Three O-rings, all in the same place. The big O-rings on the cylinder should be changed only if the replacements in the trigger valving don't work.
Attachments
604sche1.jpg
IrisM

FAS 604 leaks

Post by IrisM »

Hello, and thanks to all of you who supplied information. I'm darned if I can locate the third seal in the valve assy, but the exploded drawing will help. I expended my only set of seals and now I suspect they were not serviceable to begin with. Do any of you have a source for a set of seals and perhaps a new valve assy?
Thanks again for the help!

vr
"IrisM"
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

You might find the exploded view in our host's TenP files give you a better idea.
mister G

Post by mister G »

The third seal that IrisM isn't seeing is hidden from sight, but clearly illustrated in the two schematics. If I remember properly, a bit of valve disassembly is required to get to the third seal.

I doubt that a new valve is needed, unless of course there has been physical damage to the original. Three new O-rings, a dab of silicone and things should be fine.
kobbie

Post by kobbie »

n4jee

FAS 604

Post by n4jee »

When Don Nygord passed, the FAS line became an orphan in the USA. The best source of parts that I know of is:

Contact Raffaele Mancarelli

DOMINO Guns Import & Export S.r.l.
P.O. Box 108 - Via IV Novembre 54
20019 Settimo Milanese (MI) ITALY
Tel. 02.33512040 - Fax 02.33511587

roberto.armani@dominoguns.com
You'll do better by phone, he's slow on his email.

Tim McMurray at Mac-1 resealed my FAS AP609 after I got the parts from Italy.

Gene Jenkins
Keystone Heights FL