Reduce heart beat rate

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

They will not give a shooter a TUE for beta blockers now way no how.

Post by Guest »

My resting heart rate is about 50. maintaining 190 isnt really a problem due to many years as a cyclist but it doesnt help with shooting. just sitting typing this msg my heart rate will be around 100 its always high. Ive had many tests over the years and nothings to wrong. I eat well exercise a lot so thats not the problem

Muffo
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

I didn't think they would give an exception for it but then again I don't really care as I am not trying to get into those shooting sports. Actually I am pretty much against having to piss in a cup for anything lol. BUt I understand for comp world level it is needed as demonstrated by the N. Koreans this past Olympics.

I used to cycle myself 20 years ago and would do 25-40 miles a day. I have been active all my life but most active of course in the first 20 years.

If your actual rested heart rate is 50 and typing bumps it to 100 I would think that quite a lot of change for a minimal increase in excersion.

At 150 + BPM I don't see how anyone could hit much consistently.

Bo
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Bowman26 wrote:I know beta blockers are banned in ISSF etc but I wonder what the rules say about medical necessity for taking them. It is just blood pressure meds same as anyone with high BP would take.
I'm afraid that you cannot get a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) for beta blockers in shooting. They are totally banned under strict ISSF rules with no exception. They are not "just blood pressure meds", they have been shown to be highly advantageous in shooting; hence the ban.

There are several other groups of BP medication which are allowed. Without guaranteeing that every version of every group is permtted, this is the user's responsibility to check, these include calcium channel blockers, alpha-blockers, ACE inhibitors and angiotensin-receptor blockers. These drugs may not suit everyone but, for many, they will be a perfectly good alternative to beta-blockers.
F. Heinrich

Re: Reduce heart beat rate

Post by F. Heinrich »

mmxx100 wrote: I'm was a rifle shooter, now shifted to air pistol.
I´m was? I interpret this to say you are shooting both at present time? 570 pts for air rifle is a good beginners start, while 570 achieved (in comp) with air pistol is worthy of respect.

mmxx100 wrote:During practice i' getting 570+/600. The main problem is with my heart beat rate, my normal heart beat rate is 95 to 110 beats/min. while in match it goes upto 135+ beats/min. bcz of that i cant shoot well and score goes to 540/600.
I am sometimes wearing a heart-monitoring watch w/ waistband during my physical exercises, of brand Polar. Makes my physical outings more entertaining.
You are refering a "normal" heart rate of 95 - 100 bpm? While standing upright, not moving? Or at rest, in bed, after sleep in the morning?
A HR of 95 - 100 is then a very high one. May indicate a low oxygene uptake efficiency, due to a long time life style of low physical activity?

While 135 bpm during a very important match, even for very skilled and experiences shooters is not that unusual. Some are able to control that HR level and do good scores!
I think HR is in the 70s for most shooters. while shooting informal matches.

HR at rest, standing upright, for me, is about 58 - 62 bpm. In the morning, just awake, bpm is some 48 - 50. (In my younger days it was as low as 42).
I am 61 years now, still doing some daily to bi-daily trekking/bicycling/skating/rowing. As one should to keep in resonable shape. (I enjoy shooting, but am not a top notch shooter).

A car? Of course I have one. It is used furing longer trips and for transportation of goods, only.
As it should...