Kurt Thune ISSF Illegal??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BJ

Kurt Thune ISSF Illegal??

Post by BJ »

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at the Kurt Thune and Monard clothing lines trying to decide which one is better. They both seem like excellent choices BUT I'm concerned that the Kurt Thune jackets are illegal. On the Kurt Thune website in the description for both the Expert and Adventure jackets it says "The TOP BUTTON is moved to the left so as not to disturb the rifle stock in standing (which is against the ISSF rules, too)." I haven't found the rule yet that makes this illegal, I'm looking for it but I can't understand why Kurt Thune would make a jacket that was Illegal. Can someone please clarify this for me. Are Kurt Thune jackets really ISSF Illegal and what rule says this?

Thanks
Brian

http://www.kurtthune.com/applications/C ... &ItemID=15

http://www.kurtthune.com/applications/C ... 7&ItemID=2
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Brian, quote me the rules that you think make the jacket illegal. I have a Kute Thune Jacket along with hundreds of other people and haven't heard anything about this.

The top button is moved over from the line of bottom buttons, but that is to keep it from resting on the rifle in standing (illegal). So long as they continue to cut away the fabric in a proportional way to abide by the overlap rules, I don't see this being a problem.

Actually, now that I think about it, your jacket and every other canvas jacket I can think of do the same thing with the top button.
BJ

Post by BJ »

Bill,

I don't know the rules that would make it illegal. That's what I don't understand.

In the description on the website it says the following parathesis and everything I copied and pasted it....

The TOP BUTTON is moved to the left so as not to disturb the rifle stock in standing (which is against the ISSF rules, too).

I'm confused about why it says "which is against the ISSF Rules, too." To me that makes it sound like its illegal. Maybe its an out-dated rule or something. I didn't initially think the Kurt Thune stuff would be illegal until I read this on their website.

Brian
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Ah, I see now. They are referring to resting the stock on the upper part of the chest being illegal, not moving the button. They mean they have moved it so it doesn't hit your rifle in standing messing up your position and that it is illegal for such contact on the upper chest. It's just bad wording on their part.
BJ

Post by BJ »

Thanks for clarifying that Bill. Your way of explaining is a whole lot better. I just couldn't imagine that Kurt Thune would actually be illegal equipment.

Brian
BartP

Are you INSANE? :)

Post by BartP »

Hey BJ, Are you insane? :) BP