Gamo Match Pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Kazan

Gamo Match Pellets

Post by Kazan »

Hi ,

I am new to air pistol and would like opinions on Gamo Match Pellets 177 cal .

What is the difference between the match pellets with a target on the cover verses the match pellets with a red cover ?

What do you use as a pratice pellet and where would you recommend buying them ?
j-team

Post by j-team »

Nothing wrong with Gamo Match. If you are 580+ shooter, then maybe shoot better quality pellets.

A few years ago I had my best score for the year with Gamo Match, at the time I was using R10 for matches but discovered during prep time that I only had a tim on Gamos with me. Afterwards, out of curiosity, I did a test with the pistol clamped in a machine rest. The Gamo held about 10.6 group where as the R10 was about 10.8 (10 shot groups).

As for the 2 tin designs, I think that they are the same pellets. The Red one being replaced by the one with the target on it. Unless you are talking about "Pro Match" which is a different (better?) pellet.
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

I'm with j-team,

If you ever got caught out somewhere without your favorite $15 per tin match pellets, the Gamos will do a pretty decent job. In my FWB C-25 and Morini 162E, they shoot 5 shot groups scoring 10.6 with little deviation. I'd practice more with them, but I got a big supply of RWS Hobby, which group 10.7 average in the C-25 and Morini, and were the same price as Gamo Match. Look at them with a loupe and you'll see that they are very clean, virtually free of flashing and folds, and are shiny and bright upon opening the tin.

toznerd
Kazan

Post by Kazan »

j-team & toznerd ,

Thanks for your help . I ordered some Gamo match ( in the red tin ) and what I received are in the tin with the target on the cover .

While the pellets look good and seem to shoot accurately , their shipping department seems to be lacking something . In The first package one of the tins had opened and leaked pellets ( screw on lid no tape ) .

In the second order I ordered sleeves , now I remember sleeves where ten tins in a tight fitting cardboard tube or box , well what they shipped where loose tins in a large box with one piece of paper as packing .
jak10x1

Pellet test group

Post by jak10x1 »

Hi Shooters, being new to AP what do you mean when you say 10.6 group as opposed to 10.8.

Thanks, John
j-team

Post by j-team »

John

An absolute dead centre ten is a 10.9 whereas one that just clips the edge of the ring is a 10.0 and those in between in 0.1 increments. So, a skinny 10 is 10.0, just touching the X ring is 10.4 etc.

This is how the targets are scored for finals (in decimals). Qualification is scored in whole numbers.

So, if I was to say my pistol can hold a 10.9 group, then basically I'm saying that when machine rest tested, it will fire all the shots through the same hole. If it can only hold say 10.5 then the test group would fill about half of the ten ring.

Does that help? Really I should have said that the groups were so many millimetres in size.